SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our girl Lucy is over the bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our girl Lucy is over the bridge Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
They just don't live long enough.

Yep unless you get a parrot or a turtle they all seem to go way to quickly. I don't think I personally can go thru it again. Although a cute puppy caught my eye again the other day....

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So sorry. I know it pains you. Doing it at home, where she has spent so much time, seems a good idea.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that, Jeff. Hope you are doing ok.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

It's always rough when this happens. It's the worst part of having a pet, and you almost always have to make the decision to do it. One time my dog just dropped dead, and it was actually a lot less upsetting than taking them in.

It seems like it's just a short time ago that they were young and had a long time to go, but that 12 years or so goes by fast. I remember when my old dog Gus hit 14, thinking, "What's it going to be that gets him?", every time I took him to the vet. Turned out to be prostate cancer.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this Jeff. But you have given her a great life. She will forever be grateful.

She will always love you and thank you for providing a great home. While what you must do is necessary, she will understand and agree. It is a sad thing that such Noble creatures don't live nearly long enough, but if they did, life would not be nearly challenging enough.

I will bet, that such a loving creature would tell you to hold your heart, and offer her place to another deserving get pup. I know mine would.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Thank you for providing such a loving home for your pup.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
im so sorry, I know the feeling, they are family members.

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jeff, we know what you are going through. This is never an easy thing to experience. Lucy will be waiting for you as she always has at the door with the biggest tail wag ever. Take care my friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
It's never easy saying goodbye. Frown My condolences on the loss of your furry family member.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. What a beautiful girl. RIP Lucy.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Jeff

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. The blessing we are cursed with is that we can reason with the loss of our furry friend. Were it Lucy dealing with your loss, I truly believe their inability to process what happened and where you went would crush her soul.

Soon all of your memories will be the good ones again.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
"Farewell, Master, yet not farewell.
Where I go, ye too shall dwell.
I am gone, before your face,
A moments time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped
Ye will wonder why ye wept."

- After Death by Edwin Arnold

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Pretty lab, Jeff. I hope it goes as easily as possible. And go get a black lab puppy ASAP :-)

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. It looks like she had a long and happy life, thanks to you and your family.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I am so sorry to hear.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, hardest thing I have ever done. Prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear Jeff. One of the hardest things in life to do. Prayers sent

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. Glad you scheduled a home visit. We have a vet here who has unfortunately had to come to the house a couple of times over the years. So much easier that way. Prayers for all of you.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm sorrry to hear this Jeff.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post