SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our girl Lucy is over the bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our girl Lucy is over the bridge Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Y'all are in my prayers, Jeff.

We had to put our Lucy (16yo Shi-Tzu) down 3 years ago. We have just now gotten "over it" to the point that we could adopt a new puppy.

Tell your Lucy to look our Lucy up on the other side. Smile

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, dogs are so special.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
What a sweet looking dog. I'm so sorry to hear this. Try, as best you can, to focus on all those good years with her....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry! Our furkids just don't live long enough.

Posts: 2353 | Location: Vancouver WA | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Very sorry and sad to hear this news, Jeff.

We've all hear it said that, the eyes are a window to the soul. I don't think that's ever been more true than looking into a Labrador Retriever's eyes.

Good girl, Lucy! Our Chipper, Tillie and Sampson are waiting for you to come and play with them.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
^^^ I sure hope so.

Me too.

So sorry to hear this, Jeff.

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am sorry, Jeff and Sandy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Bandit and I send along our condolences - very sad news

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences, Jeff. The most heart-breaking thing we'll ever have to do. Frown

I, as well, hate reading these threads. I hope your Lucy catches up with my 2 kitties, Goldie and Sandy, I had to put down in 2003. And yes...I think we will see them again someday in God's glory.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Jeff, it's a very tough thing to go through. Take care,

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
So sorry Jeff. I don't have any words that will make it any easier, but I hope you can take some comfort in the realization that Lucy blessed your life for 12 years.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Jeff. Lucy has been a good girl and lucky to have been a part of your family.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news Jeff.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Though she will never be replaceable, it is an opportunity to provide another home to a canine.

God Bless you and your fuzzy family.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
SO sorry to hear this Jeff. Prayers sent for you and sweet Lucy.

Good girl.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read this, you're right, they don't stay around long enough.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, she looks like a sweetheart.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My two Shih Tzu's Baxter & Oliver and myself, send our condolences.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post