SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our girl Lucy is over the bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our girl Lucy is over the bridge Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Condolences and prayers for you all. So sad Frown

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Jeff Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, Jeff. May she rest in peace.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Having to make 'the decision' about a family pet has got to be one of the worst things ever.

Remember all of the GREAT times with your beautiful pup, and all of the unconditional love she gave to everyone!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Jeff,..Sorry to hear about Lucy.

Dr. Stephen Sinatra gives his dogs CoEnzyme Q10 which is good for the heart, kidneys and liver.

https://www.drsinatra.com/help...-a-long-healthy-life

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sorry man. Unfortunately, we outlive our furry friends.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry. They have to leave us too soon. You have my sincere condolences.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I have several waiting at the bridge.

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
She will be waiting for you in Valhalla.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jeff; she'll be waiting for you. WG

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I know the pain of losing a dog and don't envy your situation with Lucy. I hate reading these threads but always do out of respect for the animals that have provided us with (hopefully) many years of companionship. They truly are a blessing to have in our lives.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that Jeff. I've had labs all my life too and have had to say goodbye to four of them. Never easy no matter how old they are.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
They truly do not live long enough. But while they're here, they're a blessing. Lucy can join my Wrigley, Sophie, and Stormy under the big oak just across the bridge until you get there.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I'm so, so sorry...

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you.
Its so hard!

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
These threads are tough to read. May she rest in peace.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Everyone is right, they just don't live long enough. I too hope to see all my long lost fur pals on the other side. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Damn
So sorry Jeff
My own lucee is 15, the black and tan girl in my avatar.
Just damn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tomgun,

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jeff,I hate these type threads.
Nowing you ,you and the misses provided the best care and love for her,that makes things right.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jeff.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post