SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our girl Lucy is over the bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our girl Lucy is over the bridge Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jeff. Dogs are truly man's best friend.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
What Bisleyblackhawk said. Very sorry Jeff.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this Jeff.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Rest assured our Bud & Wendy will be waiting for Lucy on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I've lost two dogs in the past three months.Both were old men. But,that never makes it easier.

Our 13 + year old Basset "Cooper" died in my car on the way to the vet to be euthanized. He was always the stubborn "Alpha" of the pack and simply went out on his own terms doing one of his favorite things-- riding in the car with daddy. He adopted us in 2007 and was 3-4 years old then.

Champ, our Golden/Chow mix was 11 1/2. I got him on a call when he was just weened. Someone dumped him and his litter mates in a lady's yard one Saturday AM and she called the sheriff's office. She was an animal lover. But, she was active duty military home on leave. His first ride was in the front seat of my patrol car! I took him to the vet on June 12th for the last time. He lost his battle with a brain tumor.

We still have our latest adoptee, a 4 ish year old female Basset. We'll adopt again. you will find another companion too when the time is right. Take the time to grieve and then bring another friend into your home.

Sincere Condolences,

Charles

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Never long enough.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
The greatest thing we can do for them is know when it is time and be with them as it comes. We owe them that for the truly unconditional love they spend their all too brief lives giving us.

My thoughts are with you and yours as you say goodbye to your sweet Lucy.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Terry and I send our condolences and Prayers. We are so sorry you are going thru this. We are very pleased we got to meet her and Buddy at Fort DeSoto campgrounds.

Hades, Kachina and Ashley will show her around when she crosses the bridge.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
She looks like a really sweetheart.
She is going to have a lot of SigForum friends to play with over the bridge, including my Mr. Bojangles.

Enjoy the time you have left with her. It's never enough. And when her time comes, she is going to go out surrounded by her best friends and having known nothing but love during her lifetime. That's not a bad way to go.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
She was lucky to have you and your wife for her people.

Rest well, Lucy

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Our girl lab is 11 1/2 and our boy will be 10 next month. They both seem great now, but we are starting to think about that possibility.

I am feeling for you, Jeff. I hate it, but Lucy has been surrounded in love her whole life. That is something.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
MY deepest condolences. A friend sent me this a couple months ago when I had to put my GSD to sleep:

I hope you find comfort in that you did the right thing at the right time.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twelve years sounds like a long time, until the moment comes to say goodbye. Then it seems like it was hardly any time at all. I'm sorry Jeff.

Lucy will have lots of friends to play with at the bridge while she waits for her people to join her once again.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, all our prayers.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing can replace the love your dogs show you in life. They will without hesitation lay down their lives to protect you and your family. After all they are part of that family. I had a lab myself for 12 years and was so lost after her passing I never got another dog. She was my BFF and I still miss her after so many years. My condolences to the OP. All dogs go to heaven!!

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this, Jeff. We have all kind of grown up with Lucy.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
All dogs go to heaven

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Lucy, and the family.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences. Having been there several times myself, I know of no words sufficient to ease the pain, but just know I'm feeling it with you.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post