SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our girl Lucy is over the bridge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our girl Lucy is over the bridge Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
We scheduled a home visit to have our girl euthanized on Monday morning. She is a 12 1/2 year old Lab that has had a great life. They just don't live long enough.

We can tell she is ready but it doesn't make it easier. Boy, will we miss her. We've always had Labs and she has lived longer than any of them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff Yarchin,

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
[Hate reading these threads, but I do.]

Thanks for being a good dog, Lucy!

And sorry to hear it Jeff--you're right, they don't live long enough, but I think we'll see them again. How could it be heaven without out four-legged friends?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^ I sure hope so.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I almost didn't open this thread Frown...I'm so sorry to hear this...you and Lucy are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what a heart wrenching decision this is Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it, man.

Take care.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm sure sorry to hear this Jeff. Frown.
We just lost our 19 year old cat last Thursday.
Take care my friend.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Beautiful girl, my thoughts are with y'all.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I hate to open these threads but I can't help it, there is a need to support all our SF members when we loose a member of our 4 legged family.

I'm sorry for what is about to happen.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Jeff. I hope buddy and your family take it as well as possible.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear it. My Luci will be 13 in August. She had a mini stroke, last week, and we thought it was time for her, as well. She shook it off and has no residual deficit. Not ready, apparently.
It served to remind me yet again that every day really is a gift.

Wishing you strength,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
So sorry Jeff.

I hope Lucy can find Apollo and enjoy a romp through the fields.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She looks like a sweet dog, I'm sure she she led a great life.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My yellow lab Sadie will be up there waiting on her with a couple of tennis balls to share. Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Sorry for what is about to come Jeff.

Looks like she gave you 12 1/2 good years.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jeff. May she rest in peace. Can you give her an extra burger tonight from the SIGforum?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
"My dog crosses the line."

Ya' know Jeff, several of us, also, have great memories of Lucy. She'll have plenty of company.

Condolences to us all who've lost our sweet four legged family members.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
So sorry my friend. email inbound...

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear, always sad....

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I am so very sorry.

These are the toughest threads to open.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
So sorry about this Jeff. What a sweety.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post