SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm going to open up discussion on the riots happening in the United States ***READ. THIS. THREAD.***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm going to open up discussion on the riots happening in the United States ***READ. THIS. THREAD.*** Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't need luck. I have admin rights.

Please, please make this your signature or CUT. Lol.

I'd say his current CUT broadcasts the same concept. Smile

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Para won't have to do much moderating once the thread opens up.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can see now, guys, why I created this thread.

When I open the other thread, anyone not following my guidelines will be on the receiving end of discplinary action, up to and including banishment from the forum. I'm not going to babysit adults. I'm going to be heartless and unfair, because I cannot have made myself any clearer in this thread.

Gonna be a couple of days- at least- until the thread is created. The clear and unambiguous statements I made in the first post of this thread are just not penetrating through the concrete craniums of some here.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
For the gung ho type, just in case:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

In that thread, there should be no threats or bold talk. Leave the bluster to the other side.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Take deep breaths Para. Your admonishments were only lost on one...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wednesday, at the earliest

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
"ALL content related to the insurrection", does this not mean something what happened in Austin?

Please clarify what you mean by content.

Ho-ly smokes

Srsly?

From the Original Post:
quote:

This thread you're in right now is NOT intended to be used for discussion of these riots, looting, assault and murder of citizen and police officers alike.

This thread you're in right now is intended to inform you that this week I will create a thread regarding these matters, and ALL content related to the insurrection must be posted only in that thread.

(Increased emphasis added)

In this context: content n. 3. all that is contained or dealt with in a discussion, piece of writing, etc; substance. 4. the information, material, etc presented on a website or other digital medium.

How can you possibly have failed to understand that this thread is an announcement that the thread which has yet to be created is to be the repository of all civil unrest discussion--which includes, but is not limited to, news, opinion, questions, etc., and that this thread is to contain none of it?

My. Lord.

quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Two, actually, but one caught on after only one "did you actually read the OP" follow-up.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the thread. Thanks!

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, looking forward to it. SF is one of my primary sources of credible information as well as links to more. Thanks, Para.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Read & understood after first reading.
Look forward to reading new thread.
Thanks, Para.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger that El Jefe.

Glad to have a community to inform and discuss.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have been largely in the dark about protests and riots because I don't watch TV news, and get most of my news from here. I will soon get my daily updates here, at Sigforum. And I believe that WE will prevail over these "protests" because they are based on lies and leftist ideology, a foundation that will lose.
. But, it’s going to a hard road to travel with the Media on their side. I think the Media will have to be defeated in their actions first.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Understood and Thank you.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Calm.

Blue.

Ocean.

Smile

It works. Have gotten others to recite it.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Got it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it, thank you Para!

Perhaps make this announcement a sticky so late arrivals will see it?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
Got it, thank you Para!

Perhaps make this announcement a sticky so late arrivals will see it?

Or to use less real estate a link at beginning of opening post. He’s done that before and is pretty savvy at this by now...

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Should I rename my thread " My Letter to Portland's Spineless Mayor " to "The Portland, OR Riots and insurrection?"

It seems to be a good start to what's going on there.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't rename anything, please.

And no one needs to worry about anyone who posts in the thread I'm going to create, seeing this thread we're in now.

What's going to get members in trouble is when I see that they've looked at the subject line of the thread I'm going to create, and went immediately into posting to it, without reading even the first post of the thread. This occurs, most certainly it does, and I can see when it occurs, and I am here to tell you that I have had it with that kind of behavior, and you probably will get the chance to see a member or two smacked hard for pulling that shit.

Not only this thread and the thread to be created, but all threads in this forum- I am going to start coming down hard on members who can't be bothered to read the thread. And don't tell me about how difficult it is to read through a 50 page thread. Some of you can't be bothered to read the last post in a thread, or even the very first post in a thread.

I've told you guys before and I'm telling you again- if there's a long thread and you can't read it all, scroll down the pages and look for my avatar. Stop when you see it and at least read those posts, and this goes double when I am the author of the thread. Over and over and over again, members fail to even scan the thread and miss posts from me that will keep them out of hot water.

The mode of communicaton in this forum is the written word. Some of you guys need to get this through your heads. Pay attention to what's been posted in a thread before you post to it and all will be well.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Thank you for putting the wheels in motion for us to discuss this topic.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post