SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm going to open up discussion on the riots happening in the United States ***READ. THIS. THREAD.***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm going to open up discussion on the riots happening in the United States ***READ. THIS. THREAD.*** Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Like others, this is where I get much of my news. Tv, radio, print, I pretty much gloss by, but I stop and read it here, in part because there are opinions here of longtime members that I want to read. It can give me a new perspective, or reinforces my own.
I appreciate being able to learn from all of them.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that it is open, a simple, serious question:

What is the political mind-set of politicians that allow violent assaults, arson, looting etc. To go unchallenged in their cities?

The normal rewards of money and power do not seem to apply... So, why?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:

Now that it is open,

This is not the open thread.Did you read the OP?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. I have pretty much kept to myself and make sure I learn from everyone here. What I have learned being on this forum for a while is while we all have different opinions, thoughts and beliefs, you keep us on track and those that can't and go off the rails pay the price. While it goes without saying, we thank you for that. Now we will be able to talk and see the truth in it and not what the loons what us to believe.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Read and understood. Thanks for doing this, para. Thank you.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I failed the the reading comprehension test... Sorry!

[ QUOTE]Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Now that it is open,

This is not the open thread.Did you read the OP?[/QUOTE]

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Things change, so do we. Think this is a good move Boss.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para!

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I wish this nonsense had passed as quickly as you had hoped.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
Para,

Thank you for opening this topic for discussion in the future thread.

Something I have found helps me keep track of things is I have been keeping a daily journal of major news items and event covering certain topics and writing my thoughts on those topics at the time. The thread on the CCP Virus is a great example of a crowd sourced version of this. It was actually your Trump First Rate Ass Clown thread that got me in the habit of doing this. I have been re-reading my thoughts on both the current unpleasantness and the CCP Virus and doing so has helped me to maintain a firm handle on both the reality of these situations and the popular narrative. I look forward to reading the forum's take on current events.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’ve been getting my information about this insurrection on another forum, and I’ve missed the insightful, intelligent, and well–written posts for which SIGforum renowned.

Thank you for setting up a dedicated thread on the violent riots that have gripped our Nation.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para read and understood.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't need luck. I have admin rights.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I failed the the reading comprehension test...
Yes, you did. Could I have been any clearer? Could I? How? Did you need more bolded or ALL CAPS text to get your attention?

Some of you guys have to get it through your head- READ my posts. Read the ENTIRE post- all the annoying letters and words and stuff. I know it's a chore, but you can do it.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this as this is my go to site for news. To have 1 thread will be great.
The only other site I go to for news is just too busy to sift through the chaff....
Thank you sir.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, looking forward to some insight other than the anti Trump shit here on German tv.

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
First off, props to Para for keeping it classy..I have been here a long time and it is my go to place for news and INFORMED opinions on all matters...
I also appreciate the venue this forum offers in regards to open, civil discussions on topics I am not free to talk about in public..This , to me , is imperative to having a free place to speak and discuss (with civility).
free speech and free minds go hand in hand

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Over the years, I have come to trust the information I get here more than any other source.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
OP read and will comply.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have read the TOS for the Riot and Insurrection thread and hereby agree with the rules as set forth in the TOS.

ALthough I can't find the checkbox, to affirm such agreement...

Looking forward to the new daily thread on the subject...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post