SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Subconjunctival hemorrhage 'red eye' suddenly appeared ?!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subconjunctival hemorrhage 'red eye' suddenly appeared ?!? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Yesterday I joined a couple friends at a farm / creamery to give a long music lesson. Parked under the trees and setting up a few instruments and music stand, I notice nothing amiss. Whacked my head on a low branch, but tied a handkerchief to it for future avoidance.

The student and her mom show up, and the girl immediately says, "What's the matter with your eye?".

The inside of the right eye is dark red, right up to the colored part. This has never happened to me before. I do not recall anything hitting my eye, and generally take it pretty easy.

Common occurrence?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, common for blunt force to the eye. It'll clear in a few days. You may want to get checked by your eye doc as a reasonable precaution.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I guess I was moving a guitar case or music stand and caught a low dead branch that sprang back against the side of my head. No cuts, but it was a whack.

Next week I'm bringing a saw and taking out that branch. As I've gotten older my peripheral vision has diminished (noticed that happening 20 years ago!). Like the wise would council, "You've got to be more careful!" Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post