SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the full frontal nudity on "Lucky Louie" everyone knows that Louis CK is hung like a pimple.
Was he cranking it in front of people for laughs?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man I kinda feel left out. Frown

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That perv weinstein has been preying on women for decades, apparently. If many of these women would have come out 15 years ago, they probably would not have gotten the time of day. And, maybe some of them DID come out years ago and were ignored, or attacked. Look at what the klintons did to all the women that accused bill of misconduct - they were systematically attacked and destroyed. Look at all the charges that failed to stick to michael jackson. Look at all the victimization that took place by catholic priests here in this country. There is HUGE pressure for many victims to simply keep their mouths shut, allowing the perps to go on victimizing for YEARS or decades.

I agree that their credibility would have been much higher had they come out when this stuff happened, but never having been sexually assaulted, that is easy for me to say. These crimes shame victims and make it hard for them to come out. This makes the criminals even more vile, IMO, as they RELY and prey on this phenomenon.

I hope every single victim come out and they are able to shed much-needed light on these perverts. No statute of limitations should apply, IMO.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The statement by Louis CK in response:

quote:
I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with. I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One Mississippi, and I Love You Daddy. I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the years. I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.

Thank you for reading.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is very well written. I really hope he means it. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is very well written. I really hope he means it. . .

Yeah, not bad. Though he did forget the "I'm sorry" part to the woman he swung his junk at.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Next up...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Man I kinda feel left out. Frown
OK. Mbinky pinched my ass in 1989. I'm gonna call the Washington Compost tomorrow.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
...and tell me that you love me.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Comedy Gold

Steven Seagal accused of telling actress to sit on his face in 1991

While I have nothing to say about the allegations, I dare say that calling Segal an "industry leader" is perhaps misleading....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, the Seagal accusation demonstrates that this is nothing more than a feeding frenzy- a pack of wild dogs, sharks in the water, what have you.

We have a quarter century old story about the clumsy passes of a D grade actor. Who gives a shit? I mean, really, I imagine that most guys in this forum, in their younger days, made passes at women that were sometimes over the top.
This weird phenomenon now taking place in Hollywood has moved from identifying a true sexual predator, to hunting down and accusing any man with a stiff dick. And, of course, we all know that when it comes to sex, only men are animals. Womed are chaste and pure- downright angelic as a matter of fact. Yep, men are the only ones who like to fuck. Sure. I believe that.

Something about a patriarchal rape culture, whatever that is.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Next up on Geraldo, some girl who went to Mardis Gras in 1977 will detail the horrors and resulting PTSD of someone yelling "show us your tits" in exchange for beads.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Comedy Gold

Steven Seagal accused of telling actress to sit on his face in 1991

I wonder if Putin will revoke his Russian citizenship over this...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next Election it'll be interesting to see if the Democrats run to Hollyweird,their "cash cow" for money. I bet they (Dems), find an excuse to be able too.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Next up...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-over-134826476.html

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
HBO and FX (most of his current work) have now severed all ties with LouisCK.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Big tree fall hard *snickers*

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
REALLY hoping Steven Colbert, John Oliver and Seth Myers somehow get caught up in this. Would love to see these smug douchebags brought down.

That would be just wonderful!!!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post