SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This really is ridiculous. I seriously couldn't care less all this nonsense with Spacey. He's a good actor, and I've enjoyed many of his roles. I simply don't care about any of this whatever controversy. None of it deters me for even a nonsecond from watching his work.

I've always liked Spacey. He dropped off the radar for a bit and it turns out he was behind a major Shakespeare production. You can see a documentary on Netflix called "NOW in the wings on a world stage." It made me respect him even more.

But the dude climbed into bed with at 14 year old. He didn't deny it. Motherfucker could cure cancer and I still couldn't give him a pass.

Not an attack on you and I realize you missed some of the allegations. Perhaps I'd feel different if he fessed up or paid real consequences or something. So far all he's done is claimed not to remember, blamed drinking, and then "came out" to try to deflect. Oh and I think he's going into some celebrity rehab or something.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Forget it, guys. It's a...

...quagmire.

Too perfect! Big Grin

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
I've always liked Spacey. He dropped off the radar for a bit and it turns out he was behind a major Shakespeare production. You can see a documentary on Netflix called "NOW in the wings on a world stage." It made me respect him even more.

But the dude climbed into bed with at 14 year old. He didn't deny it. Motherfucker could cure cancer and I still couldn't give him a pass.

This ^^^^^

Most recent allegation is he sexually molested an 18-year-old guy at some-of-another venue. Mother tearfully making the accusation last night on network entertainment.

Waitaminute... eighteen year old young man and you're claiming it negatively affected his manhood? I'm thinking maybe your son's lack of being brought up as a man, and straight out clocking Spacey when he took the shot at him, was what most negatively impacted his self-image as a man.

We send eighteen-year-olds of to fight freaking wars, for God's sake!

But a fourteen-year-old? Whole 'nother story.

I liked Spacey. I don't like Spacey any more.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
It's funny that you mention MJ. His estate made $75 million last year (heard on the radio). Goes to show you that people will turn a blind eye to just about anything if they enjoy someones work.

Tell me about MJ. What exactly did he do wrong, other than destroy his own body?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
A predator is a predator. A child predator deserves to have his head severed. He's dead to me, as are so many other big name actors.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
the list of Hollywood Creeps is getting quite long. wow.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Like a pack of wild dogs turning on itself in a frenzy.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
It's funny that you mention MJ. His estate made $75 million last year (heard on the radio). Goes to show you that people will turn a blind eye to just about anything if they enjoy someones work.

Tell me about MJ. What exactly did he do wrong, other than destroy his own body?

he had a few molestation allegations lodged against him. he paid people off. Admitted to having slumber parties and other wierd creepy shit. He wasn't found guilty in a court of law but plenty of people think he was a sex offender!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
This really is ridiculous. I seriously couldn't care less all this nonsense with Spacey. He's a good actor, and I've enjoyed many of his roles. I simply don't care about any of this whatever controversy. None of it deters me for even a nonsecond from watching his work.

I've always liked Spacey in the few films I have seen.

And I think it is stupid to cut him out of a movie after it has been cut and approved. All done with the bottom line in sight.

But in the end, I don't care what happens to Spacey because he's a fucking creep. I. Don't. Care.

I love it because it is causing headaches in Hollywood and I'm for anything that gives them shit. Crash and Burn, please. It's a spectator sport.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

he had a few molestation allegations lodged against him. he paid people off. Admitted to having slumber parties and other wierd creepy shit. He wasn't found guilty in a court of law but plenty of people think he was a sex offender!!

That's it. Nothing that couldn't be swept under the rug...Some folks will scream he was innocent because he wasn't found guilty in court (neither was OJ Wink) , but one thing is certain, there were as many or more sordid tales about MJ as there are about HW, Kevin Spacey, or any other Hollyweird type. Maybe it was a smear campaign, maybe it was extortion, maybe it was the truth....I don't know, wasn't there. I do know that with that much baggage, if these stories came out about a Conservative pop icon, the media wouldn't have wasted a minute in chastising those who purchased the music after his death!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

I've always liked Spacey in the few films I have seen.

And I think it is stupid to cut him out of a movie after it has been cut and approved. All done with the bottom line in sight.

But in the end, I don't care what happens to Spacey because he's a fucking creep. I. Don't. Care.

I love it because it is causing headaches in Hollywood and I'm for anything that gives them shit. Crash and Burn, please. It's a spectator sport.

Believe me. My opinion since my post on the previous page has, err...evolved some since.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaannnnnnd Louis C.K. goes down.
Link.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Touched a titty, or what?

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ Another watch me crank it guy apparently.

Allegedly 5 or more women.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Touched a titty, or what?

Spanked the helmeted muff miner for an unwilling audience, apparently. More than once, apparently.

What is it with hollywood types and watering the plants? I never knew that the "community" was so into gardening.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hollywood should be renamed to Perv City.

BTW, a comedian did some shit in front of you 15 years ago, and you're only just now bringing it up? Yeah, right. I take you seriously. Sure I do. Roll Eyes

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The Louis C.K. stuff has been out there for years.
Of course, pounding his pud has also long been a subject of his shtick. Not to worry, he is a comic genius and has the very best intentions so all hail the greater good.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As it stands now, anyone who comes out with some shit like this after years, has ZERO aympathy from me. I don't care what happened, because you didn't reveal it at the time, and now you're just jumping on the Me Too train. No way I can take such shit seriously. It's pathetic, really. Oooh wait, let's have some more of that horse shit about how brave are all these women who are making claims after years and years. Oh, yes, you are so very fucking brave. You're a hero. No really, you're a fucking hero. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
Louis CK released a statement saying the accusations by the women in the Times article were true.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post