SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
TCM has James Stewart as their star of the month. To kick it off, there was a 1987 documentary on Stewart that was hosted by Johnny Carson.
As I watched it, it was clear to see the difference between Stewart and our current crop of "stars" is enormous.
Stewart was the real deal, both on and off screen.

BG Stewart flew B-24s over Germany, with 20 missions credited, plus other uncredited missions.

He embodied personal courage and self-sacrifice.

The actors today, not so much.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31439 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is bittersweet for me. Were it not for the sanctimonious astonishment of the SJW movement, these predators would not be on the run right now......but that same sanctimonious pearl clutching tends to convict the innocent more than the guilty soooooo. In this case, it's nice to see the snake handler get bit.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find all of this VERY amusing. Because we have a bunch of Far Left Liberals in a Feeding Frenzy feasting on other Far Left Liberals. Leads to a simple conclusion that Democrats are not not only total and complete Hypocrites but are also Cannibals.

Hopefully the final outcome of this will be that the Media and Hollywood become so decimated that it will be 20 or 30 years before they are capable of influencing an election for a Dog Catcher. Yeah, I know, Won't happen. However one can Hope.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
...not only total and complete Hypocrites but are also Cannibals.
Fava beans and a nice Chianti!

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Something I don't has ever been done in Hollywood.

quote:
Kevin Spacey has been cut from Ridley Scott’s completed film “All the Money in the World,” an individual with knowledge of the decision told TheWrap.

Scott has chosen Christopher Plummer to fill in for Spacey in the film, portraying mogul J. Paul Getty. The film is still scheduled to be released Dec. 22, and was said to be a major awards player.

It’s currently unknown when reshoots will take place, what other actors might be affected or pulled back in, and who will pay for the additional photography (Scott, Imperative or Sony is on the line — or perhaps all three).

It’s a rare move to entirely recast an actor from a finished print. The kidnapping thriller was set to screen next week as the closing gala of the annual AFI Film Festival. News of the recasting broke very shortly after director Scott and production Imperative Entertainment made the decision.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...ummer-015010574.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
PC lunacy

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I agree. And Plummer in place of Spacey is a stretch.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
HELP WANTED

Actor needed ASAP for major movie role.

Please complete the following questionnaire:

Can you start immediately? (circle one)
Yes No

Are you a prevert? (circle one)
Yes No

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This really is ridiculous. I seriously couldn't care less all this nonsense with Spacey. He's a good actor, and I've enjoyed many of his roles. I simply don't care about any of this whatever controversy. None of it deters me for even a nonsecond from watching his work.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This really is ridiculous. I seriously couldn't care less all this nonsense with Spacey. He's a good actor, and I've enjoyed many of his roles. I simply don't care about any of this whatever controversy. None of it deters me for even a nonsecond from watching his work.

Is Harv ok too?

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:

If rape nonsense doesn't disqualify you from supporting somone, what does it take? Or does the quality of the acting counter it?

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:

If rape nonsense doesn't disqualify you from supporting somone, what does it take? Or does the quality of the acting counter it?

That's the problem with most folks today. They have no sense of morality. No sense of what is right or wrong, regardless of whether the person that is doing that wrong is good at what they do. It happens with pro sports and it happens with Hollywood. This is how we end up with vile politicians too. People put on a set of blinders and act as if nothing bad is going on, just because they support their cause (pols) or think the person accused is the best at what they do (sports/entertainment).

It is a shame that it takes decades for someone to come forward with "allegations" of bad deeds. The time issue calls into question whether there was sufficient evidence to charge/prosecute/convict someone of what they are being accused of. It is my sincerest hope that Hollywood evaporates into nothingness and the "high and mighty" elitists will have to find actual jobs and quit preaching morality to the rest of us.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Thats the thing it didnt take decades. Corey feldman blew the roof off in the 80s and the cops were only interested in michael jackson. The message was delivered, it was either covered up or ignored.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Thats the thing it didnt take decades. Corey feldman blew the roof off in the 80s and the cops were only interested in michael jackson. The message was delivered, it was either covered up or ignored.

I get that Corey Feldman came out about his experiences, but nobody else really did. These folks have had access to social media for far longer than 10 years. It's a matter of wanting to tell a story and sticking it out, regardless of consequence. These fools are mostly okay with what has happened to them as long as they get paid, which makes them whores. As for the authorities covering things up, ins't that what the State Police is for? FBI? These asshole actors didn't want to upset the apple cart so they could keep drawing a paycheck and that is despicable to me.

It's funny that you mention MJ. His estate made $75 million last year (heard on the radio). Goes to show you that people will turn a blind eye to just about anything if they enjoy someones work.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

Is Harv ok too?

So Spacey raped someone? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

I get that Corey Feldman came out about his experiences, but nobody else really did. These folks have had access to social media for far longer than 10 years. It's a matter of wanting to tell a story and sticking it out, regardless of consequence. These fools are mostly okay with what has happened to them as long as they get paid, which makes them whores. As for the authorities covering things up, ins't that what the State Police is for? FBI? These asshole actors didn't want to upset the apple cart so they could keep drawing a paycheck and that is despicable to me.

It's funny that you mention MJ. His estate made $75 million last year (heard on the radio). Goes to show you that people will turn a blind eye to just about anything if they enjoy someones work.

Not to argue semantics but we had limited social media 10 years ago. The iphone is barely 10 yrs old. Also if you are familiar with the physcology of sexual abuse you will know that its hard for victims to come forward.

That said you are right, TONS of actors have said xyz told them about their experience and they did nothing. All in an effort to save the golden goose or thier careers. Snitches get stitches, blackballed, or face character assasination. As I mentioned a few back, these people would sell thier mum for a nickel.

In regards to MJ, hey gotta milk that cow even after it dies.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

Is Harv ok too?

So Spacey raped someone? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Alleged to be a Rapest and a Pedophile

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forget it, guys. It's a...

...quagmire.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Alleged to be a Rapest and a Pedophile

Man, I thought he was just grabbing tail and whatnot and just your average happy-go-lucky perv.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)