SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it's bad for Hollywood, it's good for America. Ending of careers, ending of projects, lost profit- it's all good for us.

What's that? Lost tax revenue? BFD. The way the US gov't (and the state of California) waste taxpayer dollars, it means nothing.

The movie industry in Hollywood didn't become a cesspool of amoral misfits. It was always so.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
While money isn't everything - it's too bad most of the slimeballs are already rich.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of perverts.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Somebody may have already pointed this out, but wasn't Spacey in a movie in the 90s about being a gay guy that murdered his younger lover in Savannah?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Somebody may have already pointed this out, but wasn't Spacey in a movie in the 90s about being a gay guy that murdered his younger lover in Savannah?

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. IIRC

I thought Spacey played his character too well in that film.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
more coming out today...

good...keep dumping Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Where are all the chicks with pussy hats to protest these (alleged) sexual abuse claims by these high profile figures?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. IIRC

I thought Spacey played his character too well in that film.

Man, that was a strange movie.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Great book, though.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Am I alone in that I'd never heard of this guy, Kevin Spacey, until this week's headline occurred.

Or is/was he pretty much a nobody to begin with?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Great. Almost bedtime and I have that picture in my head now.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Am I alone in that I'd never heard of this guy, Kevin Spacey, until this week's headline occurred.

He was really good in the few films I have seen, including L.A. Confidential, Glengarry Glenross, and The Usual Suspects. Won a couple of Oscars.

Not a nobody.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have to be joking.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Netflix basically fired the guy today.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...egations-report.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

You have to be joking.

Not joking. I watch VERY little TV, and I go to like one movie per year.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TCM has James Stewart as their star of the month. To kick it off, there was a 1987 documentary on Stewart that was hosted by Johnny Carson.
As I watched it, it was clear to see the difference between Stewart and our current crop of "stars" is enormous.
Stewart was the real deal, both on and off screen.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
More of the great purge - these sexual harassment and abuse stories of the left are endless.

Vox Media Dismisses Two – 8 Members of Elite Media Accused of Misconduct Towards Female Staffers

With the news that Vox Media has dismissed two employees, including a high-ranking editorial director, it is becoming increasingly obvious that throughout our elite media — the very same media that told us “binders full of women” disqualified Mitt Romney from becoming president — there is a culture that enables the systemic sexual harassment and abuse of female staffers.
After a former employee accused the company of ignoring and even tolerating sexual misconduct, Vox Media fired editorial director Lockhart Steele late last month. The timing of Vox Media’s inaction and eventual action suggests that the company had no intention of doing anything … until this employee went public.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that, on Friday, another Vox Media staffer was forced to resign. This person remains unnamed, but a now-concluded investigation into the scandal forced this person to exit the powerful media company.

Vox claims an investigation into these allegations was done in 2016 but that Vox Media chief legal officer Lauren Fisher now wishes she could have investigated the claims “more vigorously.”

Vox Media is a left-wing media outlet, home to Ezra Klein’s “explanatory journalism,” The Verge, Recode, and a half-dozen other “progressive” sites.

The company has posed for years as a moral authority on the issue of sexual harassment. Last year, and with great fanfare, the company announced an initiative to stop online harassment.

Vox’s unnamed employee and Lockhart Steel, along with NBC’s Mark Halperin, NPR’s Michael Oreskes, Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi, the New Republic’s Hamilton Fish and Leon Wieseltier, and Mother Jones’s David Corn, now add up to eight members of the elite media accused of everything from indifference to harassment to groping.

And yet, the cover-up continues.

Those within the elite media with something to lose by admitting they knew and did nothing continue to claim they knew nothing. Meanwhile, those with nothing to lose (or gain) by saying so continue to inform us that almost every one of these cases was either an “open secret” or previously reported to a media company in the form of a harassment complaint.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...d-sexual-misconduct/

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post