SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
But don't you see? People need illusions to be inspired to be better people to make the world a better place, and Hollywood's in the buisness of providing illusions. How dare you question an actor's, sorry, an artist's private life when they're trying to make the world a better place every time they go to work?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
people just want to be entertained. And that's all they want from them.

I don't know about you, but I'm finding all of this hypocritical leftist vs. hypocritical leftist quite entertaining.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
people just want to be entertained. And that's all they want from them.

I don't know about you, but I'm finding all of this hypocritical leftist vs. hypocritical leftist quite entertaining.

Oh, I'm lovin' it. Part of me may eventually feel sorry for *some* of the victims depending on how true their stories are, but other than that, I'm lovin' it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Hollywood film industry, Broadway, Detroit, union-controlled industries, Washington DC, Baltimore, Venezuela, Sweden, etc. Everything controlled by liberals for a long time becomes a toilet.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work in the entertainment industry. As far as I’m concerned, burn it down so we can start fresh.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The gay community is furious in condemning Spacey. Are they angrier because he came out just as the pedophilia allegations surface, or are they angrier because Spacey said he "chooses" to live as a gay man?

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would suspect that the Gay community is peeved that Spacey is using his "coming out" as a crutch to get sympathy and to detract from his pedophile news issues.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
The gay community is furious in condemning Spacey. Are they angrier because he came out just as the pedophilia allegations surface, or are they angrier because Spacey said he "chooses" to live as a gay man?

read somewhere they were happy he came out, but pissed he is apparently a pedo as well,

as in thanks but no thanks,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

read somewhere they were happy he came out, but pissed he is apparently a pedo as well,

Yeah...the statements I saw basically said they were condemning him for it, because coming out and using it as a crutch/excuse reinforced the negative image that gay men are inherent pedophiles, which the community has been battling pretty much since day one.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much like Harvey’s apology where he said he was going to keep fighting the NRA.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly all these left-wingers are giant Prudes. Who'd of thought those who invented the Casting Couch would one day begin to morph into Conservative Republicans?

And do we really want them to? Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

Yeah...the statements I saw basically said they were condemning him for it, because coming out and using it as a crutch/excuse reinforced the negative image that gay men are inherent pedophiles, which the community has been battling pretty much since day one.

They've also battled the idea that their sexuality is a choice. I would imagine that they are angry at both parts of his statement.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Loving every minute of the pompous, righteous leftist implosion.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Many gay men are serial gropers, and extremely sexually aggressive...much more so than straight men.

I wouldn't be surprised if many more gay abusers are brought into the light.

I see many people skipped over this comment, but I wanted to call it out for the BS it is.

We are gun fans, let's not be pigeon holed as homiphobes who throw out generalized statements about a group of people with literally zero facts to back them up.

Point of fact, so far most of the accused are straight. mkay?

Sorry, but I'm not cool letting a comment like that go.

back to the thread...

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ hmm interesting point esdunbar (the guy behind the guy).

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
^^ hmm interesting point esdunbar (the guy behind the guy).

ok now that was funny! LOL

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Add Dustin Hoffman to the list: Link

Dustin Hoffman apologizes after being accused of sexually harassing a woman when she was 17

by: Nicole Moschella, Rare.us Updated: Nov 1, 2017 - 5:06 PM

Actor Dustin Hoffman has been accused of being sexually inappropriate with a woman who worked as an intern on a production set of one for his films when she was just 17.

Anna Graham Hunter made the allegations against Hoffman in a guest article written for The Hollywood Reporter. In her column, she claimed that Hoffman was “openly flirtatious” with her and groped her buttocks and talked about sex to her when she interned on the set of the 1985 TV film “Death of a Salesman.”

“One morning I went to his dressing room to take his breakfast order; he looked at me and grinned, taking his time. Then he said, ‘I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris,’” Hunter alleged. “His entourage burst out laughing. I left, speechless. Then I went to the bathroom and cried.”

Hunter wrote that she detailed the encounters in mailed dispatches over the course of five weeks to her sister, who lived in London at the time. She said that she had not read her own copies in years. They were reprinted in the column with some of the names changed.

Hunter admitted that she still enjoys watching Hoffman’s films and recently watched “All the President’s Men” and texted her sister, “Is it weird that I find him kind of sexy in this after what he did?”

Years later, Hunter said that she has a new perspective of his alleged behavior.

“At 49, I understand what Dustin Hoffman did as it fits into the larger pattern of what women experience in Hollywood and everywhere,” Hunter wrote. “He was a predator, I was a child, and this was sexual harassment. As to how it fits into my own pattern, I imagine I’ll be figuring that out for years to come.”

Hoffman responded to the allegations with a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

“I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation,” the statement said. “I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am.”

Read Hunter’s notes detailing her days at HollywoodReporter.com.

There's more at http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...guest-column-1053466

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it would be just quicker to find out who in Hollywood hasn't harassed/assaulted/raped someone.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Many gay men are serial gropers, and extremely sexually aggressive...much more so than straight men.

I wouldn't be surprised if many more gay abusers are brought into the light.

I see many people skipped over this comment, but I wanted to call it out for the BS it is.

We are gun fans, let's not be pigeon holed as homiphobes who throw out generalized statements about a group of people with literally zero facts to back them up.

Point of fact, so far most of the accused are straight. mkay?

Sorry, but I'm not cool letting a comment like that go.

back to the thread...

Oh whatever.

Have you ever bartended and bounced in a club that had gay nights? I did for 8 years in Philly, both during and after college. During that time, I was able to make plenty of observations of the sexual aggressiveness of gay men, both toward each other and toward myself.

Ok, now it's gonna get weird because you said that MY observation (I don't speak for you or this forum) was homophobic. I'm a good looking, fit dude, I was then, and I am now. I was one hell of a bartender too. Worked straight nights, gay nights, even hip-hop black nights. I can't tell you the amount of times my cock or ass was grabbed without invitation by GAY MEN. The amount of times I was offered to have my dick sucked by dudes would make your head spin. Did I freak the fuck out? No, I smiled and declined because I'm straight and wanted to keep the job where i made up to $1000 a night for slinging drinks. (I can breath fire using 151 rum, it's quite cool).

Did I kick some ass when I was grabbed? No, not really, because I recognized that they were having their type of fun. If I was bouncing during the mostly straight nights, and a male touched a female the way gays touched each other, or me. We'd take the fucker out back and tune him up, the. Hand him to the cops.

During that time, I could have developed a hatred toward gay men, or just quit. But I didn't. I still have gay friends from those days that I keep in touch with and hang out with. Gays are cool by me. But even ask a gay dude, they'll tell you first hand that gays can be sexually aggressive, not all, but much more so than straight people.

I can keep explaining, but you've probably never had the experiences I've had. Either way, fuck off with your homophobic accusations.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
To support RAMIUS here, when I was in college I worked at Pulse (the club that got shot up last year) and had offers to sucked dry almost nightly. Now, occasionally it was from a woman but it was mostly men. They're most certainly a sexually charged group.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post