SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Implosion of Hollywood, Kevin Spacey the latest Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Andy Dick is now the latest...

Andy Dick Fired From Movie Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Though the 51-year-old actor denies he groped anyone, he does admit to other inappropriate behavior: "I might have kissed somebody on the cheek to say goodbye and then licked them. That's my thing."

Andy Dick has been dropped from the independent feature film Raising Buchanan following accusations of sexual harassment and misconduct on set.

The Hollywood Reporter was not able to reach any of the alleged victims, however, two sources detailed Dick’s inappropriate behavior, which included groping people’s genitals, unwanted kissing/licking and sexual propositions of at least four members of the production. It’s unclear if those involved were actors or crew.

Late Monday, THR spoke to Dick, who confirmed he was let go from his small role in the film. Though he vehemently denied groping claims, he said it's possible that he licked people and he confirmed that he did make advances on others.

To anyone who has followed Dick's legal troubles, his well-documented history of outlandish comedy and often intentionally offensive behavior, his dismissal may not come as a surprise. But the claims can be seen as more unsettling in today’s cultural climate in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal. (Or ousted figures like Bill O'Reilly, Amazon Studios' Roy Price, political journalist Mark Halperin, The Loud House creator Chris Savino, and the list goes on.)

Dick said he's aware of his reputation. At first, he made light of the situation, joking that "my middle name is ‘misconduct.’ They know what they signed up for." However, he followed up with a denial that he ever groped anyone on set.

"I don't grope people anymore. I don't expose myself anymore," he said by telephone. (Also well-documented is his history of exposing his genitals in public and on stage.) "I do understand that the temperature in the world right now is delicate."

He claimed that the temperature on set in Arizona was delicate, too, and that he contributed to that by bringing up Weinstein. "Can I tell you my side of it," Dick then asked before asserting that the filmmakers could've been upset that he was talking about or perhaps defending Weinstein, with whom he made two films. "They were so incensed by what I was saying. People are so sensitive," he said, without elaborating on exactly what he said.

Written and directed by Bruce Dellis, the Raising Buchanan stars Rene Auberjonois, Amanda Melby, Shannon Whirry and M. Emmet Walsh in the story of a woman who steals the corpse of former U.S. President James Buchanan (Auberjonois) hoping to land a ransom, but it seems that nobody is interested in getting the body back. Joe Gruberman is the sole producer on the project and when reached by THR, he declined to comment on the situation.

Dick's small gig on the film seemed to go off the rails from the start. He showed up one day late to the set after missing his flight in Los Angeles. He hadn’t memorized his lines and he'd brought a male friend to the set who caused a disturbance by falling asleep and snoring during the filming, sources say.

He addressed all of the above in the interview even if, he said, groping never occurred. "I didn't grope anybody. I might have kissed somebody on the cheek to say goodbye and then licked them. That's my thing — I licked Carrie Fisher at a roast. It's me being funny. I'm not trying to sexually harass people," he continued.

"I didn't grab anybody's genitals," he said, but he did not deny that he propositioned others. "Of course I'm going to proposition people. I'm single, depressed, lonely and trying to get a date. They can just say no, and they probably did and then I was done."

One of the sources on set questioned Dick's sobriety and claimed that he appeared and acted as if he were intoxicated. Dick has been to rehab more than a dozen times, and has been transparent in the past about his long and tumultuous battle with substance abuse. A Vice profile, published a year ago, opened with this sentence: “Gropings, genital exposures, grand theft: Andy Dick’s litany of offenses to society is long and egregious.”

While the story noted the “trail of destruction and bemusement Dick left in his wake, fueled by alcohol, cocaine, and an utter inability to keep his hands to himself,” the Jemayel Khawaja-written piece included one major piece of positive news — that Dick was two years sober.

THR questioned Dick about his sobriety, and he claimed to be sober despite a medication mix-up. "I overtook my medication and took too many Xanax and I was a bit loopy (on set). That didn't make me rape people. I really don't get it. I'm always trying to be funny and trying to get a date. I still don't have a date. I am on Tinder and I'm looking," he said.

Dick contends that part of his problem is he's 51 and unaware of what the rules are for proper behavior. "I don't know the difference between sexual harassment and trying to get a date. In the '70s, all the girlfriends I got was by kissing and licking their cheek. I don't know anymore," he said. "There were beautiful women and beautiful guys on the set. I flirt with them. I might kiss someone on the set and ask them to go to dinner. They are the ones that took it south."

He also claims that the man who was caught snoring on the set was his friend Paul Ryder, the bass player from the British band Happy Mondays. Ryder is his "sober companion," though if he was snoring, it's possible that "he overdid his medication, too," Dick added. "He's sober and I'm sober. He's sitting with me right now. He's my best friend. I didn't hear him snore but I have bad ears." Ryder then spoke up in the background, telling THR: "I never saw him grope."

Dick ended the call by saying that if he continues to run into allegations of misconduct, he will retire. But he's not quite ready for that yet as he's still got a slew of projects lined up and he was eager to promote his new documentary, Everybody Has an Andy Dick Story.

He ended this most recent chapter by saying that he's learned his lesson. "I won't do it anymore," he said. "I won't lick anyone's face anymore. We have an agreement."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...sment-claims-1053162

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Many gay men are serial gropers, and extremely sexually aggressive...much more so than straight men.

I wouldn't be surprised if many more gay abusers are brought into the light.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dick contends that part of his problem is he's 51 and unaware of what the rules are for proper behavior. "I don't know the difference between sexual harassment and trying to get a date. In the '70s, all the girlfriends I got was by kissing and licking their cheek. I don't know anymore," he said. "There were beautiful women and beautiful guys on the set. I flirt with them. I might kiss someone on the set and ask them to go to dinner. They are the ones that took it south."

So...he was 13 in 1979...dramatics...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now Jeremy Piven is accused:

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...ariane-bellamar.html

She can't even spell remember - has to say 'Member

I like his new show - it will probably be axed now regardless if the accusation is real. If it isn't real, then the accuser needs do so some 'xplaining . . . .

The new implosion - accuse someone so their show will fail.

I looked her up on IMDB - a personal quote associated with her - "Everything looks and sounds better with boobs."

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Avalanche in Hollywood. More women and men will admit things that happened to them in coming weeks.

Touch a kid then your ass needs to be locked up. Screw the statue of limitations.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Touch a kid then your ass needs to be locked up. Screw the statue of limitations.

You do understand the reasoning behind statutes of limitations, right?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Here is what I think of Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8NsZd2CrjU

Sorry, don't know how to embed

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't grope people anymore. I don't expose myself anymore," he said

He don't grope or expose any less, either...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Andy Dick is a weird freak who shouldn't be allowed unsupervised around children, or animals, or adults, or sort of attractive statues and shrubs? Shit, next thing you'll tell me is the sky is blue, and water is wet!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...on-suspended-1053328

Production on House of Cards has been suspended indefinitely following the sexual harassment claim made against star and exec producer Kevin Spacey.

“MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew,” the streaming giant and producer Media Rights Capital said in a joint statement Tuesday.

Although production was already underway on season six, Netflix did not formally renew the acclaimed series until Monday, in the wake of the allegations made against Spacey. Netflix announced that the upcoming sixth season would be its last, a decision that predates the recent controversy surrounding the show's star.

Given that production on season six had already started, it's unclear what Netflix and MRC's next move will be. The drama is an important one for both companies, having helped launch the streaming giant into the original series space.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I don't grope people anymore. I don't expose myself anymore,"

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
"I don't grope people anymore. I don't expose myself anymore,"

Good for him - didn't even need rehab.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Purge is in full swing:

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...placed-on-leave.html

"You tried to kiss me in 1996!!"

Good grief

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What’s next, in 2nd grade little Jimmy kissed me on the cheek when I didn’t want him to, ok you’re a victim but that was 1970, why do you wait until now to come forward?

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Purge is in full swing:

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...placed-on-leave.html

"You tried to kiss me in 1996!!"

Good grief

It is just awesome to watch them turn on themselves. Feeding frenzy of PC-ness; because as we all know, every woman must be believed, and it isn’t about the evidence, it is the seriousness of the charge, or of the degree of triggering, or the implied bad memory, or whatever.

Just good clean fun.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The swamp is not just DC. It is a big, wide, deep swamp. Now we see it.

Listened to Rush today, his take is whatever the left has taken over, they are cesspools, and the light is now exposing these dirty people, showing their real sides. Whether it is politics, news media, entertainment, professional sports, when the leftists take control of these entities, they all turn into dirty, stinky shit.

It's their nature.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's a new game for liberals!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It's starting to feel a bit like a Salem witch hunt.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Dustin Hoffman. This one, the girl actually has the journal/notes she wrote at the time. Yikes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c...guest-column-1053466

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
It's starting to feel a bit like a Salem witch hunt.

But it's difficult to feel sorry for any of these Hollywood nuts. They've been trying to control the world via their version of "activism" for far too long.

As with the NFL, so will go Hollywood. Matt Damon's latest movie was a flop. Can't help but think the latest scandals from Hollywood had a part of people avoiding their products.

people just want to be entertained. And that's all they want from them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post