SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your governor Suck? Mine Does! Illinois masks now ready!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your governor Suck? Mine Does! Illinois masks now ready! Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I think jljones and I are twin brothers that were separated at birth. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Michigan politics is controlled by Detroit, Wayne County, Grand Rapids area, and to a lessor degree The Marquette Area. All of these areas are under Democrat control, and the rest of the state hasn't enough votes to over come these areas of control. It doesn't matter what the Governor does, she's a Democrat so she can do no wrong. Another point is the Governor is showing the DNC just what an asshole she can be so that they will consider her for the VP candidate.
Rod

Governor Witler has decreed that manufacturing can begin this week. Auto workers can go back to work...in contact with other people for 8 hours a day. HOWEVER: you may NOT spend 30 minutes in a restaurant anywhere in the state.

She is willing to destroy rural economies (which were fragile to begin with) and has no qualms about however many people get hurt so long as her power base delivers MI to whoever the Dem candidate turns out to be. There is no doubt in my mind that she knows exactly what her reward will be if that happens.

Michigan will suffer her legacy for years to come.

Posts: 686 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've said it before I am sure that is what Queen Andy's strategy is.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Sailor is dead on. I would add Ann Arbor as a Dem stronghold, too. As far as Marquette goes, it was the only UP county to vote Hillary in the last Presidential Election. However, it be will interesting to see if the Dems in MQT continue to toe the line, given the damage the Evil Queen has doe to the Yoop economy, especially the tourism industry.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michigan politics is controlled by Detroit, Wayne County, Grand Rapids area, and to a lessor degree The Marquette Area. All of these areas are under Democrat control, and the rest of the state hasn't enough votes to over come these areas of control. It doesn't matter what the Governor does, she's a Democrat so she can do no wrong.

Many if not most western states have this problem. Oregon is controlled by Portland, Washington is Controlled by Seattle, CO is controlled by Denver and CA is controlled by LA and SF/OAK. I think we've seen how VA is controlled in a similar manner. Even NY is controlled by NYC. That's the sad truth of things.

As a result, we get things like rent control, gun control, climate control, and free shit for the masses.

The west was once the area for "You live your life and I'll live mine" but now there are people who live in the 'big city' which is 300 miles away who want to control everything.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STS:
North Dakota. Nope.

I hope nothing but bigger and better things for her! That woman IS NOT a politician, but a true leader!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Gov in Washington State is an Idiot. He joins the Governors of Oregon and California as a co-equal idiot. Mr. Insane (Inslee)wont be happy until the 'Science' and the daily infection numbers align to zero. There should be no risk, no potential for an infection bounce in the fall, no this, no that, etc and etc. I'm sure he has Fauci on speed dial.

A vaccine most likely wont be available for us ordinary folk until mid-2021. A bounce is going to occur and more folks are going to die. Hopefully, therapeutics will become better to help us survive it.

You can become sick or die from the virus. Same can occur when you lose it all because your state remains in a lock down (other than government employees) because you don't want to open the economy because if Fauci says it, it must be true! Or, as a democratic governor, you can 'fake open' the state economy with so many restrictions on businesses that those small businesses have no hope of survival on 50% of sales for the rest of 2020 and half of 2021.

IMHO, it will most likely come down to herd immunity until a COVID-19 vaccine arrives. Keeping the economy effectively locked down through the summer and into the fall (the election) pretty much guarantees another depression.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
North Dakota. Nope.

I hope nothing but bigger and better things for her! That woman IS NOT a politician, but a true leader!

ND governor is a guy. You're confusing ND with SD, where the governor is Kristi Noem. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
North Dakota. Nope.

ND governor is a guy. You're confusing ND with SD, where the governor is Kristi Noem. Wink

Damn Doc, you're right. It's been a long day for me...
Gov Noem is outstanding!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Protest info for our PA members...
ReOpen PA

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Activist group ReOpen PA appears unsatisfied with the measures Gov. Wolf has taken since the last anti-shutdown protest in April and has announced that another one will be held at the state Capitol Building steps on Friday at noon.

The previous protest was led by ReOpen PA, End The Lockdown PA, and Pennsylvanians Against Excessive Quarantine. Thousands gathered and made their frustrations apparent, demanding that the state reopen.

“The governor is using laws for mobilizing aid for disaster areas during a time of emergency. These laws are meant for just a short time, but are now being used to disable resources, businesses, and people to lock them down,” founder Matt Bellis said. “This is no longer in the best interests of the state.”

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Many if not most western states have this problem. Oregon is controlled by Portland, Washington is Controlled by Seattle, CO is controlled by Denver and CA is controlled by LA and SF/OAK. I think we've seen how VA is controlled in a similar manner. Even NY is controlled by NYC. That's the sad truth of things.

As a result, we get things like rent control, gun control, climate control, and free shit for the masses.

The west was once the area for "You live your life and I'll live mine" but now there are people who live in the 'big city' which is 300 miles away who want to control everything.

That's the case everywhere. Philly and Pburgh tilt PA. The metropolis that borders NYC swings NJ. Downstate NY, dominates NY State etc.
They all represent a very small geo area but cruch it with sheer numbers.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Protest info for our PA members...
ReOpen PA

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Activist group ReOpen PA appears unsatisfied with the measures Gov. Wolf has taken since the last anti-shutdown protest in April and has announced that another one will be held at the state Capitol Building steps on Friday at noon.

The previous protest was led by ReOpen PA, End The Lockdown PA, and Pennsylvanians Against Excessive Quarantine. Thousands gathered and made their frustrations apparent, demanding that the state reopen.

“The governor is using laws for mobilizing aid for disaster areas during a time of emergency. These laws are meant for just a short time, but are now being used to disable resources, businesses, and people to lock them down,” founder Matt Bellis said. “This is no longer in the best interests of the state.”

There is a full "ReOpen" movement (FaceBook) going on in evry state that has these Tryannical governors

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michigan politics is controlled by Detroit, Wayne County, Grand Rapids area, and to a lessor degree The Marquette Area. All of these areas are under Democrat control, and the rest of the state hasn't enough votes to over come these areas of control. It doesn't matter what the Governor does, she's a Democrat so she can do no wrong. Another point is the Governor is showing the DNC just what an asshole she can be so that they will consider her for the VP candidate.
Rod
Illinois is controlled by Cook County (Chicago). Wisc. is controlled by 2 cities, Madison and Milwaukee. As far as the rest of the state .....good luck.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our GOP Gov Kim Reynolds has been great, despite attacks from IA liberals and some in the media.

Check out this bizarre (to the libs) concept of personal responsibility:

Her advice to them as the state reopens?

“We urge older Iowans and those with chronic health conditions to continue to stay home as much as possible, leave only for essential errands and when you do, practice social distancing and consider wearing a face cover or a mask when in public, limit your participation in gatherings of any size or purpose,” Reynolds said.

Complete article:

https://www.ourquadcities.com/...lons-gyms-statewide/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The hometown newspaper's editor is attacking King Ralph (again) now.

Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Thanks for adding Ann Arbor, YooperSigs. Don't know how I could have forgotten that hot bed of Commie activity.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I live in Virginia. Gov. Coonman aka blackface, of course he sucks.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our governor is a dork, but is handling the Covid 19 crisis quite well. He is a bit disingenous, looks 16 and at times just not believable. He knows Mississipians have to get back to work and is moving ahead of the Federal guidelines similar to Georgia. All of this in spite of the fact that EVERYBODY likes to pick on us as the poorest state in the Union. Even the Guardian had a piece about Mississippi and how vulnerable we are in the midst of COVID 19.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My NJ Governor Phil Murphy is an idiot and a fascist. I'll be defying one of his rules tomorrow. Haven't had a haircut since sometime before the lockdown and I look pretty ridiculous. I'm definitely not a man-bun or pony tail kind of guy. So anyway, one of my neighbors, a single lady, is a hair dresser and is hurting financially pretty badly. Nice lady. I'll be getting a totally illegal haircut from her tomorrow at her house. Haircuts are illegal under the executive order (unless you give it to yourself or have a family member do it in your own home.) I'll pay her and give her a nice tip which should help her and myself out.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
My NJ Governor Phil Murphy is an idiot and a fascist.