SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your governor Suck? Mine Does! Illinois masks now ready!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your governor Suck? Mine Does! Illinois masks now ready! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Mine is pretty bad but my neighbors to the north have Northam so I can’t complain too much.

Northam SUCKS!!!!!’

yup,

Yup.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My take is that democratic governors in particular are total pukes and autocratic power mongers who would otherwise create communist hell holes and enjoy doing it if they could, which explains their insane actions during this period of extreme fubar, so I have infinite negative disdain for shitheads like that. I know they say that in America, in order to be truly free, we have to tolerate and embrace those we disagree with. I certainly disagree with that. I think communists, totalitarians, evil politicians, and all other sundry of unscrupulous souless excuses for human excrement should be voted out of office and deported to their imagined favored shitholes. You think shitganistan or fubarnesia is a great place ? Then go there you lying puke. I hope they get outsted asap in their next set of elections before a group of smart people place multiple orders for hot tar and cheap feathers mixed with a US ton of chicken shit from which they came. I was going to say fuckheads but I don't want anyone to get the impression that I hate ALL of these people, as I really only hate the ones that haven't already gone to their well deserved reward in hades. Well that was weird, my day wasn't that half bad.

Oh yea, I forgot, my governor sucks eggs big time. Didn't want anyone to miss my point.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Someone from MI please help me here. I've never been there and don't know the politics very much. How is it that Whitmer thinks wrecking the state's economy is going to get her on Biden's VP list? Will the people doing the real suffering really blame Trump, when he has very publicly bashed Whitmer and said it's all up to the individual states? Why would he get blamed for this?

My belief is that the ONLY logical explanation for Democrat governors opposing re-opening is that the Dems want the economy to stall, get worse, more people lose jobs, as close to Nov. as possible. The obvious selling point of Trump's Presidency was the top tier, robust economy, there was nothing they could do about it 3 months ago. Now is their chance. Of course they will blame Trump, 100%. Russia is gone. Impeachment is gone. They have run out of tricks, so they are in desperation mode, and tanking the economy is something the commies would do without question.

Michigan and Pennsylvania were two of the very close states that Trump got in 2016.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
walking around with "Fuck" anything on my face seems like a bad idea.

It doesn't say that.

Let's not quibble over the missing u. Come on.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
CA's Governor Newsom commented along the lines that the nation and the world are looking to him to set the standard, be the light, for the future.

Does that give you a hint?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Indiana's Eric Holcomb is ok. He is gop, as is the Indiana house and senate, and southern Indiana is especially conservative. Compared to our neighboring governors Holcomb is a beacon of light and hope. Illinois mob boss Pritzer, that Michigan cross dressing half whit, Whiney Dewine in Ohio and Queen Andy in Kentucky are all losers that make our guy seem great by comparison.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
My belief is that the ONLY logical explanation for Democrat governors opposing re-opening is that the Dems want the economy to stall, get worse, more people lose jobs, as close to Nov. as possible. The obvious selling point of Trump's Presidency was the top tier, robust economy, there was nothing they could do about it 3 months ago. Now is their chance. Of course they will blame Trump, 100%. Russia is gone. Impeachment is gone. They have run out of tricks, so they are in desperation mode, and tanking the economy is something the commies would do without question.

Michigan and Pennsylvania were two of the very close states that Trump got in 2016.

I agree, but I just don't see Trump getting blamed for it. And especially when governors double down on wrecking their states' economies, while neighboring states never really shut down, or reopen and largely recover. Trump has left it all up to the states. I can't see people who voted for him in those swing states abandoning him over this. And Biden certainly isn't going to roll into one of the economically trashed states and be able to give any kind of convincing speech on how Trump caused it all and the Dems will fix it. I just don't see it happening.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree, but I just don't see Trump getting blamed for it

Um, they already are blaming him. Pelosi has been doing so since April. She attacked him on the stock market today.

In case you have been asleep, they have blamed him for Russian election interference, global warming, any number of lies.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Florida, need I say more?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Oregon Gov Kate Brown has extended "stay at home" orders until July 6.

Businesses are giving her the finger all over the state by opening anyway.

One restaurant declared it was going to shut down, and thus was going to open for one last day in the way they started with no social distancing, face masks or other safety measures.

And a group of churches has filed suit against Brown for the unlawful manor in which she has extended these orders, and the violation of the 1st amendment.

Gov. Kate Brown is a power-hungry, Demo-communist that suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome. She lies and says she is all about the Science and Engineering. She completely ignores the data (not that she could understand it) on the actual death rate, and failed in identifying who the real "high-risk" groups are and informing them to isolate.

You do not quarantine the healthy, that is tyranny. You quarantine the sick.

I truly wish someone would hammer the bitch for trampling on our Constitutional Rights. Tell her to go fuck off with her Staged "Guidelines". It's good to see a lot of Oregonians are giving her the virtual finger.

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

I agree, but I just don't see Trump getting blamed for it

Um, they already are blaming him. Pelosi has been doing so since April. She attacked him on the stock market today.

In case you have been asleep, they have blamed him for Russian election interference, global warming, any number of lies.

Pelosi commands zero respect from anyone who isn't already a total lefty wingnut. Not one swing voter ever said of her, "Yeah, she's got a point there."

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Mike Dunleavy has been doing a decent job as governor in Alaska. We planned and prepared for the worst which thankfully didn't come. Currently in Stage 2 of his plan for reopening the state. It is a staged reopening plan tied to declines in the spread and it makes sense.

Anchorage Mayor Ethan Berkowitz on the other hand has been a complete and total feminine hygienic fluid receptacle.

He's been an absolute attention whore trying to grab headlines of, "Hey look at me, I'm actually doing something!' Problem is all of his attempts to do something have not been coordinated with any state agencies, businesses or hospitals in Anchorage. He's actually caused more problems than he has, "Solved". His additional restrictions on restraints over and above what the state has enacted have basically made it impossible for restraints to operate.

Problem is he'll probably be re-elected mayor if not elected governor in the next election.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pelosi commands zero respect from anyone who isn't already a total lefty wingnut. Not one swing voter ever said of her, "Yeah, she's got a point there."

You seem to think that I have a position that VOTERS will blame Trump Roll Eyes

My clear position is that Democrat politicians will blame Trump. Got it?

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
A wrecked economy helps Trump in reelection especially if people perceive it to be intentionally tanked to keep him out of office. People seen what the economy was doing before this and know that Trump is the man to bring it back.

The dem goal is mail in voting and ballot harvesting in November. The wrecked economy and lock downs are punishment for voting for Trump in the first place. Dems don't care if their own voters suffer along with the rest of us their base is in step with them in all this anyhow.

Keep this going as close to November as possible, keep the fear fire going. Polling places will be closed and consolidated into fewer polling places. Every registered voter will receive a mail in ballot. The choice will be up to the voter. If you don't feel "safe" enough to drive 100 miles from you're house to stand in line and vote at a polling place mail in you're ballot.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Texas' governor is fine, and doesn't suck.

But even if he did, walking around with "Fuck" anything on my face seems like a bad idea.

I agree. I wonder if they can a mask that says "Fire Murphy". Less offensive.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
A wrecked economy helps Trump in reelection especially if people perceive it to be intentionally tanked to keep him out of office. People seen what the economy was doing before this and know that Trump is the man to bring it back.

The dem goal is mail in voting and ballot harvesting in November. The wrecked economy and lock downs are punishment for voting for Trump in the first place. Dems don't care if their own voters suffer along with the rest of us their base is in step with them in all this anyhow.

Keep this going as close to November as possible, keep the fear fire going. Polling places will be closed and consolidated into fewer polling places. Every registered voter will receive a mail in ballot. The choice will be up to the voter. If you don't feel "safe" enough to drive 100 miles from you're house to stand in line and vote at a polling place mail in you're ballot.

I don't know. As we've been seeing for the past three years, everything that goes wrong is twisted by the Dems to be Trumps & only Trumps fault. I have no doubt that he'll be blamed for the Wuflu, jobless rate, destroyed economy, etc.

It's hard to fathom, but there seems to be a never ending supply of room temp IQ people out there who believe this crap & they'll continue to put people like Pelosi, AOC, Nadler, and others like them in office.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Michigan politics is controlled by Detroit, Wayne County, Grand Rapids area, and to a lessor degree The Marquette Area. All of these areas are under Democrat control, and the rest of the state hasn't enough votes to over come these areas of control. It doesn't matter what the Governor does, she's a Democrat so she can do no wrong. Another point is the Governor is showing the DNC just what an asshole she can be so that they will consider her for the VP candidate.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Regardless of the state, what many people don't get is the incrementalism of the ever changing narrative. The "one more little thing you can do to keep others safe". It's always one more little thing. One more sacrifice or you're an asshole.

Let's call it what it is. It's one more thing that these governors are going to do to control you, and get others to assist them by having them inform on you, shame you, and create tension all while smiling sweetly and saying "We're all in this together". Total horseshit.

Once again, we are talking about a disease that 99 percent of people will survive. That 85 percent will have little or no symptoms. That is not disputed.

First, it was ERMAGHAD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE. That did not happen. Next, it was WE GOT TO DO THIS OR THE HOSPITALS WILL BE OVER RUN. That didn't happen. Then, it was WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE VULNERABLE OR THEY'LL DIE (See look at the freezer trailers full of dead to show that never happened). That didn't happen. Now, it's WEAR A MASK SO YOU DON'T INFECT OTHERS.

The narrative changes. The fact that 99 percent who contract the disease live doesn't.

No, I won't wear a mask. If you believe me to be "selfish" because of it, that is your problem, not mine. If wearing a mask made all this difference from the beginning, why did we trash the economy on your master's insistence that we had to shut down and ruin small businesses? Yeah, the excuse will be there wasn't enough masks to go around. Well, apparently, if you wear a bandanna around your face and look like an old west desperado, you are in the virtue signalling "DO SOMETHING" crowd. Completely acceptable to do your part to fight the virus. Apparently, the virus is also smart enough to know the difference between a packed grocery store and a church. Why else would these governors specifically stopped people from exercising the First Amendment Rights. More of the "keeping you safe" bullshit. It's the random nature by the flavor of the politics that the targets are picked of what is good for the virus and what is bad for the virus.

Nothing about the reaction to this "crisis" of the not-the-flu flu was rational or used a lick of common sense. It just used gun control tactics of "keeping people safe" to control a population. Now, the goal is continued manipulation and fear through "one more little sacrifice".

I will not comply. I will continue to encourage others not to comply. If you are at risk, you need to protect yourself. It is not societies job to protect you, nor was it ever. At one point in time, we were self reliant. Now, not so much.

My governor sucks. I will continue to fight him at every turn. I will not comply. I will not enforce unConstitutional rules of a tyrant.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Hear fucking hear, Jones!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post