SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    who "benifits" the most in America?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who "benifits" the most in America? Login/Join 
posted
Is it the top 12% of the wealthiest people?
the millionaire and billionaires?
the people who know how to make money , then implement the ideas it take to make them want for almost nothing,
and
who more often then not, are enabling 6 or 8 dozen co-workers or employees to
enjoy a healthy ,happy and productive life experience?

or

is it the poorest of the poor , who, for one reason or four, do not make a wage, become dependent on the state and feds and charities.
then more often than not become a burden to the hard working middle class?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has the courage enough to try.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Compared to most of the rest of the planet?

Pretty much everyone in America.

Even our American "poorest" live better than many of the rest of the world.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will say this, they don't have indoor plumbing, electricity, cable/satellite TV and parking lots for the residents automobiles in the housing provided to the poorest in most other places on earth.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
since dividing by zero is something that approaches infinity, those who benefit the most right now are those who produce nothing (the zero part) and collect welfare and other benefits (the top part of the fraction).

(sorry to be a party pooper)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The individual. Because anyone can become whatever they want regardless of who their parents are/were. The individual just has to want it.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Politicians, of course.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our poor have MORE luxuries than most wealthy in a lot of other countries.

Case in point. I lived in Belize in 2005 for 6 months. I was considered wealthy by their standards and considering I made the highest wage in the entire country, which wasn't a whole lot by US standards, $48k a year USD and cash. Only 60% of the citizens had electricity where they lived, only 20% had hot water, and only 2% air conditioning (and being near the equator it's hotter than hell there).

I had ALL of the creature comforts. BUT, every Sunday from 1-5 or 6pm the power would go off every Sunday, and some other time during the week for about the same period of time. I had a whole house generator with instant start. BUT, when the power went out, you'd have no cable TV or Internet. How many Americans would put up with that? In my 6 months time there, the phone company went on strike for 2 weeks (no phone, no internet, and no credit card use anywhere).

Another time the water company went on strike for 2 weeks, so no water anywhere in the country for 2 weeks from 9-5pm.....it SUCKED.

How many of our welfare babies are used to that type of stuff?????? They'd be burning down the ghetto if either of those things happened.

Grocery stores SUCKED too, and had about the same items as some large convenient stores here. Once a month the owner I worked for would fly one of his 2 king air 90's to Cancun, for us to go grocery shopping at Costco for the month.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Within the theories of "The Liberal Narrative" the goal of "Equality" sounds very noble and good....until you realize that it means "EQUALLY poverty stricken and dependent upon a nanny-state".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
In your example the dependent lose since their growth and progress is stunted by dependency.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
I will say this, they don't have indoor plumbing, electricity, cable/satellite TV and parking lots for the residents automobiles in the housing provided to the poorest in most other places on earth.
Don't forget government-provided cell phones. In some cases, 30 per person!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2081 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you can make the argument that the millionaires and billionaires only exist because of the system of freedom/capitalism we have here that has allowed them to succeed.

The poor can be poor anywhere. They might not be as well fed, dressed, housed etc but still.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
searching Belize

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I think you can make the argument that the millionaires and billionaires only exist because of the system of freedom/capitalism we have here that has allowed them to succeed.

Interesting fact: China has more billionaires than the US. I realize they have a lot more people so per capita I bet we have more.

But still - you wouldn't think there would be ANY billionaires in China being that it is a communist 'people's paradise'.

At least in the US - there is freedom of OPPORTUNITY that does not exist anywhere else in equal measure.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Interesting fact: China has more billionaires than the US. I realize they have a lot more people so per capita I bet we have more.

But still - you wouldn't think there would be ANY billionaires in China being that it is a communist 'people's paradise'.

At least in the US - there is freedom of OPPORTUNITY that does not exist anywhere else in equal measure.

--------------------------------

Just like any corrupt government, it's all about relationships (guanxi/关系).

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
All Americans benefit from being American citizens.
Its a starting point, all else is what you make of it.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Billionaires are well-off everywhere.

Where else are the poor overweight?

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
With regard to who benefits, has anyone evaluated the welfare culture? The 4rd & 4th generation welfare recipients that pay no taxes, have everything given to them, and exist mostly of how many kids they can have to increase their monthly income. Especially those that are fully capable of working but simply choose the easy life and subsidize that with scams, cons, and thievery.

How about them, or is that not politically correct? Best look at those who busted their butts and made a dollar as ones who truly benefit.

How about those that don't? How about the hard working Americans that are doing every thing they can to make it, but just get a series of bad breaks. Working two jobs and still struggle to make ends meet.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post