SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Brennan's security clearance is getting revoked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Brennan's security clearance is getting revoked Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think that Rob O’neill spoke out against Trump for revoking Brennan’s clearance. I think I overheard it while walking by the TV when Harris Faulkner was on. I’ll have to find a link. I guess he stands with McRaven if True.

Edit: not true. He disagrees with McRaven and slammed Ben Rhodes. Good on O’Neill.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
So what the hell is to evaluate?

I don't know, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out what their last data searches are before their clearance goes away?

What, like there is some Top Secret databank they can search like Google?

I don't know about that (barring arabiancowboy's post), but any searches through that kind of material are certainly tracked.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
McCraven is an Obama loving commie. His comments don't surprise anyone, do they?

It would be nice if POTUS called the general and reminded him, That he is still in the service and Donald Trump is his Commander in Chief, and the general needs to STFU or turn in his letter. And if that happens, revoke his clearance also.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
McCraven is an Obama loving commie. His comments don't surprise anyone, do they?

It would be nice if POTUS called the general and reminded him, That he is still in the service and Donald Trump is his Commander in Chief, and the general needs to STFU or turn in his letter. And if that happens, revoke his clearance also.

McRaven is not still in the service. He retired in 2014 I believe. He is a private citizen. HE was Chancellor of the University of Texas until this year.

But as far as I'm concerned, I am not used to SEALs asking others to solve their problems. If McRaven wants to give up his clearance in protest, he should do it. He shouldn't be asking Trump to revoke it. That's a pansy move not worthy of his service record.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It looks like Mrs. Ohr's hubby is next.

Trump Suspects He'll Revoke Ohr's Clearance 'Very Quickly'
http://www.yahoo.com/news/form...58644--politics.html

And, in the meantime, there's a column worth of type on the front page of today's New York Times decrying the way that Trump is 'politicizing' security clearances for retired personnel and 'chilling' their 'free speech' - without a single coherent explanation of how that's so.

Helpful hint to journalists: If all you're getting from a source and all you're printing on the front page is adjectives, THAT'S NOT NEWS.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
At a certain level, it is like being a “made man” in the mob. A made man must be respected, treated with respect. A made man cannot introduce himself to another made man, but must be introduced by a made man known to both. He cannot discuss family business with any other than a known made man.

If you are at a senior level, or were, your colleagues assume you are cleared. Things get discussed at the clubs, socially, at trade shows, conventions. If you are not cleared, it can be awkward, uncomfortable, risky.

Thank you JALLEN...this is the best explanation I have seen on why these asses are so butthurt over their maintaining and loosing their security clearances...it feeds their own "importance" with themselves, their "peers" and most importantly, the MSM...it's all about ego. They can't handle loosing that elite status with CNN, MSNBC and the rest. They are "has beens" and it cuts them to the core when they can't be fawned over as all knowing. I love it and can't wait till it spreads!...MAGA!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Trump rightly corrected some dumb reporter's claim today that he was trying to silence Brennan. Trump said he's given Brennan a bigger voice than he's ever had. Millions more people now know who he is than did last week. Brennan is free to sing and compose all he wants.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The Neumayr article posted by JAllen indicates to me that Brennan is a whack job. Truly unhinged.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
A bit maddening that our security clearances have been so misused that they have become a commodity to be sold.

Wow! On Hannity tonight either Judge Jeanine or one of the guest mentioned that Hillary Clinton still has her security clearance.
How is that possible after her unsecure server setup and mishandling of classified information?

Seems we need to look at revising policies governing security clearance policies and procedures.

Security Clearance, not a right, a responsibility.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
quote:

McRaven is not still in the service. He retired in 2014 I believe. He is a private citizen. HE was Chancellor of the University of Texas until this year.

But as far as I'm concerned, I am not used to SEALs asking others to solve their problems. If McRaven wants to give up his clearance in protest, he should do it. He shouldn't be asking Trump to revoke it. That's a pansy move not worthy of his service record.

WOW. The Editor of US Defense Watch UNLOADS on McRaven.

http://usdefensewatch.com/2018...ral-william-mcraven/

"As far as the nation’s current political schism, you need only look at your fellow liberals who are inciting violence and propagating hatred on a daily basis.

You then dared the Commander in Chief to revoke your security clearance.

I’m sure you’re aware of the following regulation in the UCMJ. Retired military officers are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) under Article 2 of the UCMJ, which extends the jurisdiction of military law to “Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay.” “Retirees are subject to the UCMJ and may be tried by court-martial for violations … that occurred … while in a retired status.”

Article 88 of the UCMJ criminalizes “contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State.”

Something to ponder, sir."

"You, sir, are representative of what, is in my opinion as a former Army Captain and combat veteran of the 7th Cavalry, the worst generation of senior leaders this nation has ever fielded. Bar None. The majority of you, were and are what the late Colonel David Hackworth so eloquently described as ‘perfumed princes.’

It doesn’t matter how many degrees you have; how many combat tours you did and how much fruit salad you earned. It doesn’t matter that you have the SEAL Trident.

Your generation of senior leaders sold and is selling out the nation’s defense to the highest bidder and that bidder is social engineering and leftist ideology. You and your generation of leftist senior leaders have allowed our military to be destroyed for the greater glory of pensions, Tricare and political power, national security be damned. Now, that you’ve overseen the decimation of our military, you are determined to overthrow a sitting President because he represents everything anathema to the left – America First and the fact that the USA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

You are all nothing more than political hacks; Obama leftists fighting some kind of insurgent anti-Trump campaign like a division of crazed left-wing fanatics holed up in the Beltway National Redoubt, waiting for a last op order from der Fuehrer, Barack Hussein Obama.

I believe sir, that you need to examine your conscience and ask yourself one very important question – what in the name of God Almighty would Hillary Clinton have done for anyone in this country?

The answer is nothing.

Ray Starmann
Editor in Chief
US Defense Watch"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
But, but, but..... you can’t talk like that to an Admiral, man!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So I heard Rush today and he said (paraphrasing here),

They use their clearances as a foot in the door for other high paying jobs that require a clearance, therefore when revoking someone's clearance (for cause) they are effectively destroying the persons' ability to get govt contracts with other businesses...etc

well GOOD!, they are just job hopping, like the general who retires and goes to work for the gun company to promote some new gun for the military....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I heard Rush today and he said (paraphrasing here),

They use their clearances as a foot in the door for other high paying jobs that require a clearance, therefore when revoking someone's clearance (for cause) they are effectively destroying the persons' ability to get govt contracts with other businesses...etc

well GOOD!, they are just job hopping, like the general who retires and goes to work for the gun company to promote some new gun for the military....

That is likely legit, but involves no public talking, critical or otherwise.

If you have a clearance, you aren’t supposed to be talking about things the clearance is necessary for, and if you don’t have a clearance you can’t talk about what you used to be cleared for, so what’s rhe problem?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think the President should revoke ALL security clearances for everyone that is no longer doing the job for which they were originally cleared

no legacy hold-ver

McRaven is a perfect example, as is Brennan, Clapper and others of what can happen when you don't mind the store properly.

I do hope he gets brought up on charges, perhaps put a dent in that precious pension of his and save us taxpayers a few bucks

perfumed prince - an apt description

I miss Hackworth

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The government has not issued me a security clearance, and therefore is suppressing my free speech. I demand my clearance!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one of the biggest DEM snakes in the senate is Mark Warner

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/17...ance-bill/index.html

Mark Warner wants to block Trump from 'arbitrarily revoking security clearances'

The Senate Intelligence Committee's top Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, plans to introduce a resolution that would prevent the President from arbitrarily revoking security clearances, days after President Donald Trump revoked the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan.

"I will be introducing an amendment next week to block the President from punishing and intimidating his critics by arbitrarily revoking security clearances. Stay tuned," Warner tweeted Friday.

The amendment would be unlikely to pass but is expected to draw heavy Democratic support as they call attention to the controversy surrounding Trump's revoking of Brennan's clearance

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Just the flavor du jour on the blue plate special. Think of it as a reflexive act; it would be political malpractice if some Dem didn't try to do this just to highlight an interpretation of the issue that they want the American people to accept.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Brennan is a communist. End of story. He infiltrated the US Governemnt and did as much damage as he could but now he is mad that his time is over and repairs are being made.

He life's work has been worthless and now he is pissed he cannot keep it up. I'm quite sure that when he expires Putin will present him with The Order Of Lenin and allow him to be buried in Red Square.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that he thinks former CIA Director John Brennan's rhetoric is becoming an issue "in and of itself."

"John and his rhetoric have become an issue in and of itself," Clapper said on CNN's "State of the Union." "John is sort of like a freight train and he’s gonna say what’s on his mind."

Clapper's comments came in response to an op-ed penned by Brennan in The New York Times this week, in which he wrote that President Trump colluded with Russia during the 2016 election.

Clapper said he empathized with Brennan, but voiced concerns for Brennan's fiery rhetoric toward President Trump and his administration.

"I think that the common denominator among all of us [in the intelligence community] that have been speaking up … is genuine concern about the jeopardy and threats to our institutions," Clapper said.

Brennan's claims drew criticism from some in the intelligence community who said the timing of his claims was suspect.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) on Thursday took aim at Brennan for "purport[ing] to know, as fact, that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign power."

“If his statement is based on intelligence he has seen since leaving office, it constitutes an intelligence breach. If he has some other personal knowledge of or evidence of collusion, it should be disclosed to the special counsel, not The New York Times,” Burr said.

Burr added that Trump has the “full authority” to rescind security clearance if the statements were “purely political and based on conjecture.”

Trump revoked Brennan's security clearance last week, saying that his "… lying and recent conduct characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary is wholly inconsistent with access to the nation’s most closely held secrets and facilities, the very aim of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos."

The widely criticized move was seen as a punitive measure against one of Trump's most outspoken critics.

More than 60 former intelligence officials on Friday denounced Trump's decision, stating that ex-intelligence officials should have the right to express their opinions on national security matters without punishment.

"All of us believe it is critical to protect classified information from unauthorized disclosure," the group wrote in a letter obtained by CNN. "But we believe equally strongly that former government officials have the right to express their unclassified views on what they see as critical national security issues without fear of being punished for doing so."

Clapper this week also criticized the Trump administration for its decision, joining more than a dozen high ranking intelligence officials who signed a letter censoring the president for the move.

Link

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Its about the money. Retired senior folks with a current TS SCI are highly marketable in the defense industry

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post