SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Brennan's security clearance is getting revoked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Brennan's security clearance is getting revoked Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
"erratic conduct & behavior" hehehe

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/YaKLzSHR3JE

quote:
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders announced that former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance would be revoked.

Sanders read from a statement from President Trump about revoking his clearance.

The statement said that Brennan had been "leveraging" the clearance to make "wild outbursts" and claims against the Trump administration.

The statement further said other persons' security clearance would also be reviewed, including that of recently fired FBI official Peter Strzok.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...or-john-brennan.html

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Awesome move and so appropriate!! Cue meltdown mode from the left. Gotta love The Donald!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I want to know how this asshole still had a clearance?

I've had TS/SCI for 15+ years now and know that you don't get to keep it after you change jobs or quit/retire.

How and why do these people keep theirs? RHIP?

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corruption

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I want to know how this asshole still had a clearance?

I've had TS/SCI for 15+ years now and know that you don't get to keep it after you change jobs or quit/retire.

How and why do these people keep theirs? RHIP?

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The only true rationale for allowing similarly situated people to retain it is that they are so high up on the totem pole they need clearances to help transition the new head and bring him up to speed on a variety of things that lower level people don't know. That's the stated reason.

The real reason they keep it is so they can have great book deals, think tank jobs and huge speaking fees. That's BS.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
The word Former needs to mean something. Whenever you leave the corporate world by your choice or theirs, your passwords are gone.
I would think when you are no longer in the position you no longer need access.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its more about stopping leaks of classified information from legally being given to him since he has clearance.

Now if you were one of his co-horts from inside and you give him classified information your ass can be hung out to dry for it...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Another positive step in the right direction. I hope DT see's the threads on here just to confirm he is doing right by a good majority of the American people. Not that he needs too. But surely it would bring a smile to his face. Wink

Thanks 2340, that is great!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
former CIA director John Brennan's security clearance would be revoked.

picture host ru

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good!

Looking forward to msnbc dropping that GDC POS like a hot turd, since he now will not be able to deliver 'the goods', as I am sure he promised that he could. For good measure maybe they'll sue him for breach of contract!!

GFY brennan!!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...ector-brennan-778791

In addition, she said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey,
former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper,
former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden,
former national security adviser Susan Rice,

former FBI attorney Lisa Page,
former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates,

former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strozk,
former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year,

and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

“Security clearances for those who still have them may be revoked, and those who have already lost their security clearance may not be able to have it reinstated,” Sanders said.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

In addition, she said, the administration is evaluating clearances for former FBI Director James Comey,

former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, whose security clearance was deactivated after he was fired earlier this year,

and Bruce Ohr, who is still in the Justice Department although he was demoted from associate deputy attorney general.

“Security clearances for those who still have them may be revoked, and those who have already lost their security clearance may not be able to have it reinstated,” Sanders said.

I hope they all get yanked - that would cut a nice swath through the swamp.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
everyone with the designation 'former' should have their clearance revoked

if they need to provide some insight, then they should apply to get a specific exemption for a specific conversation

time to marginalize these American hating traitors

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the problem: No more Need to Know, no more Clearance. Period.

Hell, I was debriefed when I moved PCS. Debriefed at my current duty station, 30 days or so enroute plus leave, re-indoc'd at my new duty station.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

CUT THEM ALL.! Liars and leakers.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Its more about stopping leaks of classified information from legally being given to him since he has clearance.

Now if you were one of his co-horts from inside and you give him classified information your ass can be hung out to dry for it...

unless the rules have changed, you not only have to have the right level of clearance to see classified info, you also have to have A NEED TO KNOW!

And as we all know, rules and regulations do not apply to democraPs in gubbermint.

And, a slow start, but a start, to cleaning up that part of the swamp.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

So what the hell is to evaluate? They have all been caught with their proverbial pants down. Pull their clearances, file charges, trial, and long terms in prison.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Good news...outstanding!

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what the hell is to evaluate?

I don't know, but wouldn't it be interesting to find out what their last data searches are before their clearance goes away?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post