SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Birthday USAF!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday USAF! Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
73 years.

Happy Birthday fellow Airmen.

Grabbed from the Hill AFB webpage:

https://www.af.mil/News/Articl...se-birthday-message/

quote:
WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Dave Goldfein, and Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James A. Cody released the following message in honor of the Air Force’s 69th birthday:

To the Airmen of the United States Air Force:

On the 69th birthday of our United States Air Force, we salute you - the dedicated Airmen providing unrivaled Airpower for America - as we celebrate the establishment of the United States Air Force as a separate service. We remember our proud heritage and honor those who advocated for an independent Air Force, passing on to us the responsibility for continued innovation and leadership in the air, space, and cyber domains.

Today, our Air Force delivers Global Vigilance, Global Reach, and Global Power with unmatched effectiveness. With tens of thousands of Airmen supporting combatant commanders from deployed locations and many more directly contributing from their home stations, the United States Air Force is absolutely essential to prevailing in every joint fight.

America depends on our remarkable Total Force of Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, and Civilian Airmen who have never failed to answer our Nation’s call. We thank you and your family for your service, sacrifice, and commitment to the defense of our Nation. Happy 69th birthday United States Air Force!

https://cdn.dvidshub.net/media...2-1024x576-1769k.mp4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proud to have been a part of the U.S. Air Force, ‘73 - ‘77.

And my uncle was one of the original enlisted pilots back in WWII when it was still the US Army Air Forces, when there was a crush on for pilots. He ended up in the Air Transport Command and flew fighters, just off the line, all over North and South America. All of 21 years old!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always proud to wear the BLUE!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Proud to have been a part of the U.S. Air Force, ‘73 - ‘77.

And my uncle was one of the original enlisted pilots back in WWII when it was still the US Army Air Forces, when there was a crush on for pilots. He ended up in the Air Transport Command and flew fighters, just off the line, all over North and South America. All of 21 years old!

Outstanding.

I was the third generation of males in my family to serve in the USAF. My Grandfather served from 1950 to 1960. My Father served USAF reserves from 1980 to 1988, and then AD from 1988-1992. I served from 1998-2013. My son is ineligible under current medical guidelines, but we'll see what the future brings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just a few miles from my first USAF assignment: K.I.Sawyer AFB. 410th SPS. S.A.C.
I often drive there to relive my youth. I can still hear the engines and smell the JP-4.
Happy Birthday, USAF!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
My thanks to all of you who have served, in all branches of the military.

My Air Force son is currently deployed in Kuwait.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank God that the USAF is on our side. God bless former and current members of that great piece of our armed services.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Air Force veteran here along with one of my brothers, an Uncle and our Grandfather (Army-Air Force.)

Happy Birthday USAF!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
73 years.

Happy Birthday fellow Airmen.

Grabbed from the Hill AFB webpage:

https://www.af.mil/News/Articl...se-birthday-message/

quote:
WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James, Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Dave Goldfein, and Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James A. Cody released the following message in honor of the Air Force’s 69th birthday:

To the Airmen of the United States Air Force:

On the 69th birthday of our United States Air Force, we salute you - the dedicated Airmen providing unrivaled Airpower for America - as we celebrate the establishment of the United States Air Force as a separate service. We remember our proud heritage and honor those who advocated for an independent Air Force, passing on to us the responsibility for continued innovation and leadership in the air, space, and cyber domains.

Today, our Air Force delivers Global Vigilance, Global Reach, and Global Power with unmatched effectiveness. With tens of thousands of Airmen supporting combatant commanders from deployed locations and many more directly contributing from their home stations, the United States Air Force is absolutely essential to prevailing in every joint fight.

America depends on our remarkable Total Force of Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, and Civilian Airmen who have never failed to answer our Nation’s call. We thank you and your family for your service, sacrifice, and commitment to the defense of our Nation. Happy 69th birthday United States Air Force!

https://cdn.dvidshub.net/media...2-1024x576-1769k.mp4

Or their 73rd birthday. Whichever is greater. (Actually a 2016 article) We can't count, but we can fly, dammit! Cool
In all fairness to Hill and AF.mil:

73rd

AF.mil

Hooh-ah!

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So the Air Force is a senior citizen. That could explain a lot about the decision making behind the F-35. Smile

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to one if my previous employers. 77-81.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post