SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Valhalla exist …
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Valhalla exist … Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
… as an afterlife (after death) for warriors who die in battle or with weapon in hand?

Question:
Does it? (As the question was asked, not by some other definition or description.)

Choices:
Yes.
No.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I used to take Golf lessons there. Lost a dozen balls on hole 13 once.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
God I hope so......fighting all day and drinking all night...sounds like Korea in the 2nd ID

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Nice idea, but no.
Same as every other afterlife as far as I can tell.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
God I hope so......fighting all day and drinking all night...sounds like Korea in the 2nd ID

Sounds like being married and on vacation! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
It’s what you believe in. If you believe in it, in whatever ever it is, that’s what you get. If not, what’s to believe in the future?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Only if you don't get collected by Freyja and taken to Fólkvangr. Same theory, different neighborhood. Half of the warriors go to Valhalla, half to Fólkvangr.

Of course, I'm nominally Catholic, so who the hell knows.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
By Odin's beard, I hope so!!

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if it did exist but I think not

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
It's your choice. We all make our own reality for now, and in our future. It's whatever you choose to believe.

Posts: 518 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I prefer Sto'vo'kor.

Now where's my fucking bloodwine?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
My vote of yes is for those who fought in Military conflict for the Country, may have dignity and comfort if and when they pass. I cant condone Veteran suicides and would never. But for warriors to have something to believe in, those who havn't been there may never understand.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
You can't answer that with a simple, blanket yes or no. It, or other afterlives, exists if one believes it does.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Is in Northwest South Carolina... just look it up.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
You can't answer that with a simple, blanket yes or no. It, or other afterlives, exists if one believes it does.

That general idea has been mentioned several times in this thread. I have trouble with the logic.

I "believe" I'm a millionaire. Apparently, my checkbook doesn't.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

That general idea has been mentioned several times in this thread. I have trouble with the logic.

I "believe" I'm a millionaire. Apparently, my checkbook doesn't.

Cmon PHPaul, get with the time, what your trying to say is you "identify" as a millionaire. Wink

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

Cmon PHPaul, get with the time, what your trying to say is you "identify" as a millionaire. Wink

Ah...that must be the problem...BRB...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like for it to exist...

But, I plan to go Fiddler's Green where all Cav Soldiers go.........

Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green.

Marching past, straight through to Hell
The Infantry are seen.
Accompanied by the Engineers,
Artillery and Marines,
For none but the shades of Cavalrymen
Dismount at Fiddlers’ Green.

Though some go curving down the trail
To seek a warmer scene.
No Trooper ever gets to Hell
Ere he’s emptied his canteen.
And so rides back to drink again
With friends at Fiddlers’ Green.

And so when man and horse go down
Beneath a saber keen,
Or in a roaring charge of fierce melee
You stop a bullet clean,
And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
Just empty your canteen,
And put your pistol to your head
And go to Fiddlers’ Green.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I prefer Sto'vo'kor.

Now where's my fucking bloodwine?

Prune Juice... that is a warriors drink

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Valhalla exist ...

It's an interesting question to be posed by an avowed atheist.

Is that intended to mock those who believe in an afterlife?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23948 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post