Find
Notify
Tools
NAZI Flag Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
My wifes Uncle passed some time ago, among his belongings was a Nazi flag.We have no idea how he came in possession of it, he would be the last person you would think would seek one out. My guess is was a hand down from a relative.
My wife was cleaning and throwing out stuff today and the flag came out of a box she was going through.
It appears to be in very good, original,condition.
About 29"x47" with a swastika about 18" (red back ground white swastika)some stains, one small tear near where it must have been attached to a flag pole and with an unfinished end at that location. It looks like it was never outdoors.

We are curious about its value.
Any WWII collectors out there that would hazard a guess as to what its worth?
How can it be authenticated?

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the organization and the type of flag they can be worth 100's to 1,000's of dollars. I collect TR items and can give you a ballpark figure. Send me some good photos of any markings on the flag and a good description of it and I'd be happy to help. I'm not interested in it so I won't low ball you and then offer to buy it. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
How old was the uncle? Could it be circa WWII?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Burn the damn thing in a celebratory fashion!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Take good photos of it and check out some WWII collector forums. I’ll bet you can get some good responses.

Keep it or sell it, just like any other antique.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How old was the uncle? Could it be circa WWII?

He was in the Military but shortly after WWII.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:

I'll pay a $1.00 plus shipping, so I have enough for the gallon of gas.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
My Uncle Leo was a tank commander with Patton's 3rd Army and brought back a nice Nazi flag and some other items including a nice 8mm Mauser rifle. My brothers and I begged him for them as he had no children due to a war injury. It is still in the store room of my Mom's house. He had some great stories and a lot of medals including the Purple Heart.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

I'll pay a $1.00 plus shipping, so I have enough for the gallon of gas.

I'll chip in for the gas.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, BURN IT!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I have one my father brought back for Germany at the end of WWII. He was in the 82nd. I am not going to burn it nor would I be keen on anyone else doing that when I pass on.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why?!?

Have you not seen enough of liberal idiots wanting to change our nation's history?

Remember that old saying about those who ignore history?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes is my response to all these “burn it” posts. Have you folks also protested to take down Confederate statues, too?

The OP didn’t ask the proper flag etiquette to fly it outside his front door.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough. Damn

Posts: 107509 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post