SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sneaker color poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sneaker color poll Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Coming up on a decade old, my only pair of sneakers are coming apart. Wow, what a run. I got them before workouts of any kind. Through good and bad, they have holes and the cushioning has lost its soul. <very sad>

Merrell no longer makes the exact shoe but their Bare Access XTR is closest. I've narrowed it down to one of five colors, and am considering a move from Monument/Flame to Olive. What do you think?

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/...=bare+access&start=1

Question:
What do you think of these new kickers? Do any of the colors appeal?

Choices:
Black
Navy
Castlerock
Olive
Monument/Flame
Sorry, none. White only for me.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Just pick a dang color. Our opinion doesn't matter. 1, 3 or 4

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I like the name “Castlerock” so I picked that one.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well now if one option has the stripes in glittery gold..

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the New Balance 608 version 5s? The store last night didn't have my size so I bought a pair of adidas Strutters instead. I looked them up online and adidas markets them as "Delivering the dadliest of dad vibes". I had no idea dad shoes were a thing, apparently I wear them, and take my opinion for what it's worth:

black or castlerock

Posts: 10825 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'd pick Navy out of the choices presented.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Blue, as if there is any other color choice.

I mean, don’t step on my blue (suede) shoes.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Black or navy try to get the furthest from white you can for acceptable fashion compatibility over the next ten years.

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I like the Navy because of the gum outsole.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Black or navy try to get the furthest from white you can for acceptable fashion compatibility over the next ten years.

This. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Black doesn't look dirty even when dirty.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Workout & running shoes I usually trend towards brighter colors. Really depends on the shoe.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I like the Navy because of the gum outsole.

They all have a Vibram sole. Very grippy.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm a bit biased as I don't wear sneakers with anything but shorts in the summertime or when working out, so I went with the olive. Those have a lot of potential to match with other clothes without looking like Uncle Lou at the family BBQ. If that's your look, then go with the dark ones and white tube socks. Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with Brooks, and just went with black rather than making a decision.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Anything with zero white on them is what I look for. Shows less dirt.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude this is a gun forum, got to be tactical olive. Smile

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
No opinion. This guy appears to prefer white.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Black is the only acceptable choice.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I like Olive.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post