SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DuckDuckGo a Better search engine...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DuckDuckGo a Better search engine... Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
LOL Rush just discussed DuckDuckGo on his show today as his recommended search engine. No tracking! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
COTEP #192

Posts: 8759 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
LOL Rush just discussed DuckDuckGo on his show today as his recommended search engine. No tracking! Smile

About to see how well their server(s) can handle the increased traffic

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 9604 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I just learned about it and changed. It seems slow and what comes up isn't as plentiful. Done stuff was from 2005 nothing new ...
Just different.

When using it as a search then when clicked its browser launches.

Posts: 384 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So, you download it and when you open it up it says, “Tap the fire button to erase your tabs...”
Would that be all the saved websites I have?

Posts: 7670 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Precision Enthusiast
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
So, you download it and when you open it up it says, “Tap the fire button to erase your tabs...”
Would that be all the saved websites I have?

It erases your visited website history, not your saved bookmarks.

Posts: 118 | Registered: August 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
What are you guys using for a web browser? I've been using Microsoft Edge (with DuckDuckGo as a default search engine) on my PC and phone for awhile now.

I have an Android phone, so It's hard to get away from Google on that, so I use Samsung aps and third party aps as much as possible. But on my PC, I use Google for photo storage and that's about it.
Waterfox and DDG. On my iPhone, I also use DDG.

Posts: 5497 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Started using it recently as well. Seems OK so far.

My question is how would any of us know if they are living up to the no tracking hype or not?

Thread drift imminent:
Pose the above question regarding any digital security issue. Seriously, I'd like to know if there is a way to get a trustworthy answer.
You know, one that doesn't ultimately come down to faith.

Posts: 5910 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Slowly leaning towards it, one pc at a time. So far, no regrets.

0-0

Posts: 10302 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Started using it recently as well. Seems OK so far.

My question is how would any of us know if they are living up to the no tracking hype or not?

Thread drift imminent:
Pose the above question regarding any digital security issue. Seriously, I'd like to know if there is a way to get a trustworthy answer.
You know, one that doesn't ultimately come down to faith.

One way is all your sidebar ads don't switch to adverts for your last searches or purchases. Your youTube recommended videos don't suddenly change to subject matter you've recently searched. Stuff like that.

Hannibal ad portas. Carthago delenda est.

Posts: 5560 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post