SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Edwin Edwards celebrates 90th birthday Photo gallery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edwin Edwards celebrates 90th birthday Photo gallery Login/Join 
posted
A truly colorful individual in politics. Just viewing the pictures over the years tells a story in and of itself. I remember when David Duke the white supremacist ran for Governor of Louisiana. The bumper stickers read Vote for the Crook, Its important. Womanizer, gambler, crook, and noted for great sound bites over the years.
Link to Photo gallery. JFK, Elvis and others.

http://www.nola.com/politics/i...ml#incart_river_home

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw Duke speak on the college circuit back then. (not a fan, it was in the public quad)

And an acquaintance worked for Edwards' campaigns in Baton Rouge.

Colorful, indeed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Duke ran against Edwards it was known and "The Wizard vs. the Lizard".

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Crook and many other things. He hit on a girl I was dating years ago

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Edwards quote when running in 1983: "The only way I can lose this election is if I’m caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy."

Edwards was an arrogant s.o.b. and the only time I voted for him was when he ran against David Duke with whom I had a face to face at a gun show, and told him: "You are a liar and a coward." He stepped aside which proved at least part of my statement.

Both are pure assholes in a neck to neck race for the top bottom feeder.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post