SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I love Sigforum, I just saw this online and didnt even bother to copy the URL. I knew it would already be here. I just came to add my "screw you" to Dicks as well.

Also, just saw a weird tweet from Ann Colter
"Dick is P*ssywhipped"

I am not sure if is in regards to Dick's or not. My money will go elsewhere.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I drive past Dick's all the time...on my way to Academy Sports. Haven't been in a Dick's in years and have zero intention of ever going in one again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paceac:
Do you guys feel the same way about Walmart? Do you still shop there?

Yes and No. Rarely shop if ever at Walmart and Dick's has nothing of value since all of the goods they sell are made to be price sensitive and not performance based. Dick's main business channels are athletic wear, team sports uniforms and golf. There's very little in their 'Field & Stream' or, Lodge departments that interest me as all of it can be found online, Bass-bela's or, my LGS.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've never been to one of their stores.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought so much as a pair of socks from them since their last virtue signalling episode.

I was talking to a local cop this morning wo said he normally wouldn't try buying anything from them, but his 19 year old son wants and Ar, so he's going to take him there... and file a discrimination suit against them if they refuse on account of his age, since he's legal by state and Federal law. I wish him luck in using the left's tactics against them.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised any large corporate stores ever did sell them and they aren't somewhere I'd go to buy one anyway.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I drive past Dick's all the time...on my way to Academy Sports.

This.

And the funny thing is we have a Field & Stream and a Dicks literally in eyeshot of each other.

Dicks has been on my shitlist for years for pulling a pricing stunt a handful of years ago. Ran a Black Friday special on ammo (buy one get one half off or something like that.) Didn't notice until I got home that they'd jacked up their price on ammo above their listed "everyday" price - and I think even above MSRP.
Letter to corporate got me a gift card for the difference of what it should have been.

Screw them both. Their shit is overpriced anyway.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Looks like the Field & Stream store near me can just go out of business.

I read elsewhere (which doesn't mean it's true) that this doesn't effect the F&S store, which would be an even greater hypocrisy, but wouldn't surprise me, them playing both sides of the field.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Looks like the Field & Stream store near me can just go out of business.

I read elsewhere (which doesn't mean it's true) that this doesn't effect the F&S store, which would be an even greater hypocrisy, but wouldn't surprise me, them playing both sides of the field.

That's incorrect. It ONLY affects the F&S stores because the Dick's chain already stopped selling ARs back in 2012.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is one in the newish shopping center near here. I was in it last year, languishing 3rd in line for the cashier who couldn’t seem to get the hang of ringing up a sale. A supervisor was en route, although no telling from where, maybe Austin, or HQ. I finally left without merchandise.

I have looked over their inventory of guns and accessories, and my impression was that it was something like buying a racing bicycle from Sears. You are far better off going to a real bike, or gun, store.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I've never been there

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will actually continue to go to Dicks, well anytime I happen to be at the mall, which I avoid like the plague. I will make sure to browse and shop and load up my cart, because they have lots of good stuff. I might even make it to the checkout lane, and once everything is rung up inquire about certain polices. If I find out this is true then I just might have to not buy anything and leave everything I picked up at the register. I might have to check their policies several times a year....I need something to do for fun while the family shops around.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hambony:
I will actually continue to go to Dicks, well anytime I happen to be at the mall, which I avoid like the plague. I will make sure to browse and shop and load up my cart, because they have lots of good stuff. I might even make it to the checkout lane, and once everything is rung up inquire about certain polices. If I find out this is true then I just might have to not buy anything and leave everything I picked up at the register. I might have to check their policies several times a year....I need something to do for fun while the family shops around.

Ahh yes, the old "Be a dick to people who don't have anything to say about corporate decisions" maneuver. Classic.

Do you like to complain to flight attendants about ticket prices and food quality too? Big Grin

Never thought much of their selection of gear anyhow.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Where do I go now to shop from disorganized piles of Under Armor and yoga pants? Razz

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
So I had to go next door to Dick's and decided to go in and back to the firearms department.

Just happened that the salesperson I ran into is an Army veteran. When I pulled out the piece of paper with the CEO's statement he rolled his eyes and sighed.

I asked- "So in your CEO's letter he mentions "high capacity" magazines will no longer be sold...
What does Dick's consider a "high-capacity" magazine?
Is it like the people's republic of NY?" (I.E. anything over 10 rounds).

He said that they have been told that for Dick's the definition means 30 round magazines.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
If you're a golfer, don't shop at Golf Galaxy either. Piss on 'em.
I can buy balls and get clubs worked on at Golf Superstore...and corporate will know *why* I'm not spending any more money at ANY of their outlets.
Too bad, the guys at Golf Galaxy - holdovers from Golfsmith - knew what they were doing. (the guys that helped me anyway)
-----------

DSG owns and operates a variety of retail locations, including Golf Galaxy, LLC, a golf-specialty retailer with a world class selection of brand name golf equipment, apparel and accessories; TrueRunner, which offers a prime selection of premier footwear, clothing and accessories for the avid runner; Field & Stream, which offers a wide variety of outdoor brands and provides top of the line in-store services; and Chelsea Collective which offers the fit and fashionable woman a curated, premium assortment of products and superior customer service in an elevated, retail environment.

Furthermore, DSG offers numerous premium brands including, CALIA by Carrie Underwood, a lifestyle brand with a versatile line of apparel and accessories designed to fit the lives of active women; FITNESS GEAR, a fitness brand providing uncomplicated fitness tools to achieve the athletes' desired results; MaxFli, a premium golf brand delivering performance to the golf enthusiast; PRIMED, a sports and fitness training brand focused on helping athletes achieve their full potential; and TopFlite, an established golf brand trusted by golfers at every skill level with decades of innovation in its products.

Additionally, through three subsidiary entities, Blue Sombrero, LLC, Affinity Sports, LLC. and GameChanger Media, Inc., DSG offers a suite of digital tools. Collectively known as Dick's Team Sports HQ, DSG provides athletic teams, leagues, schools, corporate entities, or other organizations with access to functionality including but not limited to: free online registration, team websites, custom uniforms and fan wear, as well as a mobile app through which teams can schedule and communicate with each other.

Dick businesses

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
they are appropriately named Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I am astounded to discover that Edward Stack, Chairman and CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods lives in Edgeworth, Pennsylvania...

(Per Wikipedia).

I think corporate headquarters is here in the Pittsburgh area as well.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post