SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
And now FedEx. Roll Eyes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fed...Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Did you read and understand what was posted there?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Apparently not.
I don't like their boot licking but I'll take their NRA discount. Smile

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But yet they have no trouble selling Assault knives, Assault bats, Assault swim suits, and assault Golf clubs

Way to have no idea what you are talking about

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And now FedEx. Roll Eyes

They even went the extra mile to make a political point about "assault weapons" rather than leave it to be assumed. Fuck 'em.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
READ what they said

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
READ what they said

I read that they are not ending the NRA discount, which is nice of them, but I really don't think they need to take a position on civilian ownership of semi-automatic weapons. That pretty much tells me they support restricting my right to own one.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That statement is just awful. They want to play both sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Great that FedEx will take anyone's money and not end the discount program for the NRA, but their political stance was gratuitous. Why does a giant corporation feel the need to express a viewpoint on a controversial political issue like that? What purpose does it serve? It makes me want to ask about their corporate stance on abortion, illegal immigration, pot legalization, etc.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
FedEx's opinion is their opinion, but it doesn't affect their business decisions whatsoever apparently, so what is y'all's beef? I mean really.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
FedEx's opinion is their opinion, but it doesn't affect their business decisions whatsoever apparently, so what is y'all's beef? I mean really.

When they donate money to political causes, which side do you think gets it?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whose opinion is it? The CEO? The Board? THe Marketing Department? The Employees?

Corporations don't have opinions. They have policies. If they are not articulating a policy, then what is the point of expressing the opinion thta will only piss off half of the population?

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
And now FedEx. Roll Eyes

Did you actually read FedEx' statement? Here, let me help you. It says, in part:

quote:

FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views. The NRA is one of hundreds of organizations in our alliances/association Marketing program whose members receive discounted rates for FedEx shipping. FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or position on the issues.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:

When they donate money to political causes, which side do you think gets it?

So don't give them your business. What can I tell you? They didn't bow to political pressure or alter their business practice, and that's what matters to me, at least in the here and now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone wanna guess how they got their name?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
After Sandy Hook, no self-respecting gun owner should have shopped at this place.

They can sell or not sell whatever they want. It's all the same to me. I won't buy even so much as a pack of chewing gum from them, and neither should you.

Never again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We should start our own gun and sports store chain, put them up right by their stores, thinking a great name would be

We're Not Dicks

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
And now FedEx. Roll Eyes

Did you actually read FedEx' statement? Here, let me help you. It says, in part:

quote:

FedEx is a common carrier under Federal law and therefore does not and will not deny service or discriminate against any legal entity regardless of their policy positions or political views. The NRA is one of hundreds of organizations in our alliances/association Marketing program whose members receive discounted rates for FedEx shipping. FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or position on the issues.

I don't think many people care about the NRA discount as much as they care about the ridiculous pro gun control statement preceding it.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's only so much I can do, but I did call Dick's main number and politely informed the person I spoke with why I would never give them my business. I also let them know I would tell others of the position they took today, and then I promptly started going through my contacts and letting people know. And maybe some of those I told will tell others and maybe the accumulative effect will hurt their bottom line if enough people do the same. I hope.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dicks sells "assault weapons" ? Who knew ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
We have both a Dick's and Field & Stream store here in Erie. I won't be shopping at either one again. I get the feeling that they'll both be going the way of neighboring Gander Mountain soon anyway.

I assume that they plan on destroying their remaining stocks of "assault style rifles" and "high capacity magazines" since they are trying to "help solve the problem."

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post