SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well crap, I just bought some tennis shoes and ping pong balls there last week. Can probably return the balls, but I already wore the shoes.

And in other news...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0l0D9nXysK0

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We have a Dicks on the other side of town, I've never been there. The wife and I went to Bass Pro last night to let her try on some life vests. I went over to the gun counter and was happy to see they still had a selection of ARs, even though I can't see paying the price they charge. I asked one of the guys if they were soon to have an AR clearance sale, he laughed.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dicks/Field and Stream store opened in what was a Sears in a local mall. Their prices were shit. A Gander Outdoors just opened 500 yards away. And with way better prices on everything, especially firearms. A Gen 5 Glock 19 with factory nightsights for $594? Field and Stream was $699. And the Gander store had all of the ARs you could want. From $499 for the Ruger on up as high as you want to spend. Dick's can go f*ck themselves. I bought a pair of boots there back before all this nonsense started. They get no more of my money. And yes, I know they will survive without it.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

Untitled by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10926 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Academy sports says they will continue to sell AR’s, guess they see an opportunity out there.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Dicks was my go to for gym gloves, and some lifting gear. No more. Will never set foot in another. Pussies.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a ex-Dicks employee, I can say that one of the highlights of my brief career was learning that the entire (all of them) staff of the shoe dept was wearing a brand new pair of shoes out the door after their shift.
Thats a great employee discount!
They were all canned. But not prosecuted. Would have created some bad press.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Dicks was my go to for gym gloves, and some lifting gear. No more. Will never set foot in another. Pussies.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Free market economy.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
I don't think many people care about the NRA discount as much as they care about the ridiculous pro gun control statement preceding it.

I think a corporation expressing an opinion on social subjects is both nonsensical and counter-productive, but it's a free country. More-or-less. The important thing is that, despite "their" social position, they're treating NRA just like any other customer with which they have a business arrangement, and publicly saying so.

That's good enough for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They will be our Anti-Chick-Fil-A.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
Well crap, I just bought some tennis shoes and ping pong balls there last week.

You bought some balls at Dicks??

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
Well crap, I just bought some tennis shoes and ping pong balls there last week.

You bought some balls at Dicks??

Ahhahahaha!!!! Big Grin

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I really hope we get the REI boycott going as well. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have heard about it, so hopefully people tell their friends and family about what they are doing.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We should open up a competing store called Cooter's.
The Cooter's near me just closed. It was a local redneck bar and grill. Must be a cursed location; there have been several bar / grill businesses there in the 32 years that I have lived here. All of them have gone belly up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
All of them have gone belly up.
Well, there's yer problem, right there.

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I really hope we get the REI boycott going as well. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have heard about it, so hopefully people tell their friends and family about what they are doing.

Man, rei is (was) one of my favorite stores. I'd sometimes even just stop in to walk around if I happened to be driving by.

But screw them now. Just unbelievable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That Dicks chain was founded back in Binghamton, NY. Their 1st store actually opened in my old home town of Vestal. I gave them pleanty of business. The guys at the gun counter would see me coming and ask, "What, another pistol"? Big Grin. Then they caved in one day over some shooting or someone making a threat and stopped selling side arms. I never went back in their stores.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Man, rei is (was) one of my favorite stores. I'd sometimes even just stop in to walk around if I happened to be driving by.

I understand, but there are good alternatives like Cabela's or Backcountry.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I understand, but there are good alternatives like Cabela's or Backcountry.

Oh, I'm done with rei. Anyway, I used to like just walking through their stores more than anything else. I've been using Backcountry now more and more. The fact that they're also locally headquartered is a plus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post