SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No Dick’s in Arkansas!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
At least they’re aptly named

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
After Sandy Hook, no self-respecting gun owner should have shopped at this place.

They can sell or not sell whatever they want. It's all the same to me. I won't buy even so much as a pack of chewing gum from them, and neither should you.
I havn't spent a penny in Dicks in over 2 decades. They quit selling side arms back in NY State long ago. They got golf clubs and basket balls and I dont do either.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Just one more banging of the Dick's publicity whore.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I won't go into too much detail, but I work for a small specialty store that sells some of the same products Dick's sells.

I'd say not a week goes by that someone doesn't come into our store telling us what poor service and knowledge Dick's employees display.

Well, of course, they're retail and the best and the brightest rarely work retail. After all, it's $10-$13 per hour for usually less than 20 hours per week.

I will say that their gun department people are a cut above the rest (which really isn't saying much). But I've been to some Dick's where you nearly have to shout to get someone's attention.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Field & Stream store near me can just go out of business. I was happy when I went in one and found lots of Palmetto State Armory components. They can try to survive on their overpriced underwear.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch the news use this to say. " see you dont need high cap mags, even a bg sporting goods store agrees!"

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I am astounded to discover that Edward Stack, Chairman and CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods lives in Edgeworth, Pennsylvania...

(Per Wikipedia).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you guys feel the same way about Walmart? Do you still shop there?

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I really hope there are enough supporters in this country to hit all these political cowards right smack in their wallet. The numbers are there, I hope the resolve is there too.

You don't get a second chance to stand up for principal, or for what's right.

If these candy-ass companies ever want business back from the backbone of the US, they need earn their way back in.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The reality is that most people who shop at that place neither know nor care about any of this.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I'll continue to avoid dicks. Don't think I've spent 10 cents there in the past. Hope they fold.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We should open up a competing store called Cooter's.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The one and only time I patronized one of those stores, the experience was horrible.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
On Sunday I was being dragged against my will to "The Mall". As we approached, my wife said "look, you can go into that sporting goods store while I shop".

Sporting goods store was Dicks and since they have been dead to me since they raised all their prices in the melt-down of a couple of years ago, I said "I think not."

She said, "They did something, didn't they?"

"Yep", sez I. We talked about music later in the car.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paceac:
Do you guys feel the same way about Walmart? Do you still shop there?

I've never much cared for Walmart and neither has my wife. Thus we rarely shopped there, much, in the first place. I buy ammo there because their price can't be beat--sometimes even by on-line sellers.

Dick's, their virtue-signalling aside: Of the few times I was in one of their stores had little of interest to me and what they did have was over-priced.

The last time I was in a Dick's I was looking for a tri-season jacket. I knew better, but the store was right there, so... Didn't find what I was seeking (surprise!), but I did find a really wicked lighter-weight jacket that fit me like it was made for me. Hideously expensive, though, even near the end of the season and already marked-down. Was the only one on the rack. Asked the sales dude if he could deal a little bit. Nope. Ok, keep it, then. Have never been back.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I've been to the stores here a few times. Honestly, I'm less and less impressed each time I look on the shelves. Miniscule selection of .308, and prices all around were sky high. Just about all they're good for is filling CO2 tanks, and it's been a number of years since I've needed such a service.

I hope they burn.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We should open up a competing store called Cooter's.

Then we could merge with them, envelop them, take them over and make them do what we want them to do.

Or did you mean some kind of turtle...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
No Dick’s in Arkansas!

There's three in Arkansas: Fort Smith, Hot Springs, and Conway.

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post