SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted
Dick’s Sporting Goods, the nation’s largest sporting goods retailer, will stop selling assault-style weapons like the one used in the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.

The company said it will also raise the minimum age for all gun sales to 21. Dick’s will not sell high-capacity magazines that allow shooters to fire far more rounds than traditional weapons without reloading, as well as other accessories used with weapons similar to the AR-15.

The Parkland shooter, Nikolas Cruz, bought a gun at Dick’s. The company said he did not buy the AR-15 that he used in the school shooting there.

The company stopped selling those military-style semiautomatic weapons in its Dick’s-branded stores after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting in 2012, but it continued to sell those weapons at its 35 Field and Stream stores.

Now it will pull those weapons from all of its stores.

Walmart, the nation’s largest retailer and a major seller of firearms, announced it would stop selling the military-style semiautomatic weapons in August 2015.

There have been widespread calls for tougher gun control measures in the week since the school shooting.

http://myfox8.com/2018/02/28/d...ssault-style-rifles/

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just publicity whores.

Dicks pulled this after Sandy Hook, then quietly reintroduced them a few months later in their new Field and Stream branded stores (owned by Dicks).

Seems they wanted the publicity for their "noble deed", but then didn't want to miss out on the lucrative profits available during the subsequent gun rush.

Dicks just bought Sports Authority. So I guess we will see AR15s popping up on the shelves of Sports Authority stores in a couple months, with Dicks meanwhile "standing by their pledge" to no longer sell ARs... ...in their other stores.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles

Again? Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

Again? Roll Eyes

Exactly! Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

Again? Roll Eyes

I was trying to remember if they had stopped selling them a few years back. Apparently so.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
After Sandy Hook, no self-respecting gun owner should have shopped at this place.

They can sell or not sell whatever they want. It's all the same to me. I won't buy even so much as a pack of chewing gum from them, and neither should you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

quote:
The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws...

quote:
Mr. Stack said Dick’s remained a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
After Sandy Hook, no self-respecting gun owner should have shopped at this place.

They can sell or not sell whatever they want. It's all the same to me. I won't buy even so much as a pack of chewing gum from them, and neither should you.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they go bankrupt.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dicks can suck it! I didn’t shop there before but I’ll make sure never to shop for anything there in the future.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I went shopping at Dick's once, probably 15 years ago. I didn't see anything in the gun area that couldn't be bought at Walmart for 15 to 25% less. What a lousy excuse for a "sporting goods" store.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I will have to stop going into this store, just like the last time they said this. All done, that was easy.

So they can just suck Dick....

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dicks went the store once, never will go again. Never spent a penny and never will.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Their business is already shit. This is good news!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Well, lesbians never did buy their assault rifles at Dick's, cuz, you know ...

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didnt realize dicks had been selling them, haven't been in there since before Sandy Hook.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So they want to be activists now. Well fuck them. I hope it blows up in their face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Publicity whores is right. And the media who report this story without the context about Dick's previous actions are just as bad. The company is a disgrace and needless to say there is no reason for any gun owner to ever step foot in one again.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I REFUSE to buy anything at Dick's!!!!!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a Ruger 10/22 from them ~20 years ago when they had a sale on them. Since then I have bought a hand grip exerciser from them for about $7, that's it.

I will never set foot in one of their stores again, including the other stores owned by them.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I have never graced that place with my presence...guess I never will.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post