SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expe...icks-sporting-goods/

NSSF Expels Dick’s Sporting Goods

The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired a Washington D.C.-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack announced earlier this year the retail chain would end sales of modern sporting rifles, voluntarily raise the age to 21 to purchase firearms in their stores and called for more restrictive legislation. Dick’s later announced they would destroy the remaining modern sporting rifle inventory. NSSF responded that business decisions should be individually made, but was nonetheless disappointed and the decision does not reflect the reality of the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling and go out of business soon.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mossberg has cut them off. Copied and pasted out of email I just got:

Mossberg® Terminates Relationship with Dick’s Sporting Goods

NORTH HAVEN, CT – O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control.” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

###

MEDIA CONTACT
Linda Powell, Director of Media Relations

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This was just posted by Mossberg:

"It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control. Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.
Effective immediately, Mossberg will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.
"

Way to take stand. Cool No backpedalling nor double-talk like say a certain cooler manufacturer.

Further details by OF Mossberg & Sons:
http://www.mossberg.com/wp-con...s-Sporting-Goods.pdf

ETA: dusty beat me to it.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Sounds like dick's needs to stop selling Assault Kayaks LOL.

SALEM, OR (KPTV) -
Dick’s Sporting Goods is facing a potential lawsuit after two customers say workers removed important pieces of Styrofoam from two kayaks they purchased.

In a 10-page lawsuit, Bryan Orrio and Keeley McCallum accuse the store of negligence and say two employees at the retailer’s Salem location removed the Styrofoam from their kayak with a screwdriver, which later caused them to sink.

The plaintiffs say the employees told them it was packing material.

According to the lawsuit, Orrio and McCallum purchased the kayaks in 2016 and took the watercraft to the North Santiam River last May.

They say the vessels started to fill with water during the trip, injuring both plaintiffs and sweeping Orrio downriver and into class-two rapids.

Orrio and McCallum claim they racked up several thousand dollars in medical bills.

They are seeking more than $450,000 and claim the modifications that were made to the kayaks made them unsafe to use.

FOX 12 reached out Dick’s Sporting Goods for comment but not receive a response, as of Tuesday night.

http://www.kptv.com/story/3814...-north-santiam-river

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bryan Orrio and Keeley McCallum accuse the store of negligence and say two employees at the retailer’s Salem location removed the Styrofoam from their kayak with a screwdriver, which later caused them to sink.

The plaintiffs say the employees told them it was packing material.

Big Grin
More Dicks at Dick's ...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Time to buy another Mossberg 590, just because.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I see a Mossberg Shockwave in my future. Smile Should it be a 12 or 20 Gauge is the only question.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A better headline would have been:
"Mossberg Cuts off Dick's"

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
A Mossberg 590 was low on my budgeted priority list of firearms purchases this year.

...not anymore...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's an odd way of getting out of the gun business.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Aside from Mossberg, a few other firearms product manufacturers are ending their relationships with Dick's too. Good to see!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...un-control-push.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
HiPoint LOL

Regardless, glad to see so many telling Dick’s to shove off.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
every little bit helps to drive them into the dirt

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
HiPoint carbines work.

Scary ugly, but my 9mm is fun to shoot and I've never experienced a FTE or FTF or any kind of failure. I can't say that with a Ruger product I bought recently. It's one big fail...

Generally speaking, usually I buy only top of the line firearms, but thought for the cost, I'll give it a try.

Try one of their carbines.

They work.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
HiPoint carbines work.

Scary ugly, but my 9mm is fun to shoot and I've never experienced a FTE or FTF or any kind of failure. I can't say that with a Ruger product I bought recently. It's one big fail...

Generally speaking, usually I buy only top of the line firearms, but thought for the cost, I'll give it a try.

Try one of their carbines.

They work.

10mm May be in my future. Cheap ugly truck gun!!

We used to buy tons of stuff at Dicks. 4-5 pairs of $100+ dollars of running shoes for my wife, all of her work out clothes and equipment.
Thousands of dollars a year there.
I am tempted to let them know and tell them to take a peak at our rewards card purchase history.

Sole is only carried by Dicks (retail) guess we’ll shop another brand if our treadmill ever dies.
I have suggested them time and time again on this forum and to anyone who has asked. Not anymore.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX: Sole is only carried by Dicks (retail) guess we’ll shop another brand if our treadmill ever dies. I have suggested them time and time again on this forum and to anyone who has asked. Not anymore.

You can buy direct from Sole. I did.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
More Bad News For Dick's Sporting Goods After Hiring Gun Control Lobbyists

News that Dick's Sporting Goods has taken its pro-gun control campaign to the next level by hiring three lobbyists to push their agenda has resulted in yet more bad news for the now-politically divisive company: It's losing vendors at a rapid rate.

Within weeks of announcing its decision to pull all "assault-style" rifles from its stores and impose an age requirement of 21 for all gun purchasers, Dick's was suffering "deeper-than-expected" losses. Now it's experiencing a larger-than-expected loss of vendor contracts.

National Review's Jack Crowe recently reported that Dick's has just learned that it's lost three key gun manufacturers. One of them is O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., which announced in a press release Wednesday that it's officially cutting ties with Dick's and its subsidiary Field & Stream in direct response to Dick's anti-Second Amendment campaign:

O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today its decision to discontinue selling products to Dick’s Sporting Goods, and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring of gun control lobbyists in April 2018.

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream, and is in the process of evaluating current contractual agreements.

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control,” said Iver Mossberg, Chief Executive Officer of O.F. Mossberg & Sons. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

The announcement came one day after Dick's learned that Hi-Point Firearms manufacturer MKS Supply cut ties with the sporting goods store. MKS likewise made clear that they were parting ways with Dick's because of its aggressive anti-gun actions.

"We believe that refusing to sell long guns to adults under age 21, while many young adults in our military are not similarly restricted, is wrong. We believe that villainizing modern sporting rifles in response to pressure from uninformed, anti-gun voices is wrong," wrote MKS Supply president Charles Brown Tuesday. "We believe that hiring lobbyists to oppose American citizens’ freedoms secured by the Second Amendment is wrong. Dick’s Sporting Goods and Field & Stream, in purportedly doing all of these things, have demonstrated that they do not share our values. [We’re] standing by the American people by refusing any further sales to Dick’s Sporting Goods & Field & Stream."

MKS Supply's decision came a week after another manufacturer, Springfield Armory, canceled its contracts with Dick's.

Amid its troubling financial reports, Dick's CEO Edward Stack has doubled down on the company's political campaign, calling on Congress "to do something about guns" in an op-ed in The Washington Post in March.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...hiring-james-barrett

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dick's will regret the day they decided to separate themselves from the sport of hunting and shooting.
Too bad they have taken a good name like Field & Stream down with them.

-rduckwor

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One of the local fish-wrappers on Dick's: Finley: Dick’s walks risky line on guns

quote:

About the only merchandise Dick’s Sporting Goods sells that you can’t also find on Amazon are guns.

And yet the major retailer of athletic and outdoor gear is turning on that captive customer base, throwing its lot in with advocates for tighter gun control laws.

That about says it all, really.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post