SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Homeowners Insurance question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeowners Insurance question Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
We just had more than a foot of heavy wet snow fall in my area and it pretty much damaged all the trees in my yard. Most of them to the point that they won't be worth saving.

Would removal of those trees normally be covered? What about replacement cost? They are a part of the property after all and would be expensive to replace short of starting at saplings.

2 Ash trees
Apple tree
Crab apple tree
2 deciduous trees I'm not exactly sure what kind they are, but they are/were pretty tall.
100 foot pine tree looks like a few limbs may need trimming.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is generally just for the dwelling. but couldn't hurt to ask you agent. sorry about the trees, that happens here often and it is a drag.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We had an ice storm a number of years ago that ruined a couple of our trees and Allstate didn't cover their removal. I'm sure the same would apply in your case.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Generally no. Trees are only covered for certain perils such as vehicle damage, fire, vandalism, theft, lightning. I know it sounds strange. There is coverage under the policy for trees that have fallen. It is generally up to $500 per tree with a 2 tree maximum of $1,000. If the trees have fallen on the house, garage, fence the policy would pay to take them off and put them on the ground. There is no limit for taking them off of the house, garage, fence and putting them on the ground.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Bummer, I guess that means I have a lot of work to do.

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Read the policy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post