SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Some undocumented immigrants involved in Mississippi ICE raids allegedly stole American citizens’ identities
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some undocumented immigrants involved in Mississippi ICE raids allegedly stole American citizens’ identities Login/Join 
posted
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - As a person, U.S. Attorney Mike Hurst understands the humanity of those affected by the ICE raids of last week.

“They’re children of God in my view, so we have to make sure and do everything we can to help them. And if they break the law, we’re going to enforce them, but that doesn’t mean we hate them or we’re mad at them somehow,” Hurst said.

As a father, it goes even deeper for him. But working in the world of law enforcement, it’s a familiar feeling of worry he’s felt for years for children of drug dealers, of gang members, of murderers, robbers and thieves.

“Look, as a father of six, I feel that concern about the children, but we need to be concerned about every child whose parent chooses to break our laws,” he said.

That’s the hitch, Hurst says. Each of those detained on Wednesday, and each of the companies that employed them, is accused of doing something against the law. Law enforcement doesn’t make the rules, he said, to those who threaten the lives and families of himself and others involved in the case.

“Folks have problems with our immigration laws,” he said. “But that’s for them to take up with congress. That’s not for taking up with law enforcement.”

In many cases, the undocumented immigrants involved in last week’s raids were allegedly working under the identities of real American citizens.

“Individuals know that in order to be hired, they have to get someone’s identity – real identity – in order to pass various checks,” he said.

Their employers know that, too, he said. And sometimes it’s the stolen identity issue that leads authorities to find employers who aren’t properly checking citizenship on their employees.

They’ll say, “Someone is using my identity in another state. They claim that I work here," Hurst said. "The IRS will send tax bills to individuals saying they had worked at a certain place at a certain time when they hadn’t. So we get these tips from all over the country and we investigate.”

And what about the employers? Where do they stand? Is it that they won’t be prosecuted?

"I think you can look at the record of our office and tell that’s not the case,” Hurst stated.

LINK: https://www.wlox.com/2019/08/1...citizens-identities/

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
stole American citizens’ identities

no shit Eek

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plight of the children has been featured nonstop on the media. No mention by the media on the Identity theft issues created. CNN has a story about the Job Fair down the road, and again the poor children. I thought the US Attorney responded well to those issues, and was pleased to see it mentioned by the media.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
stole American citizens’ identities

no shit Eek

Salt of the earth, in fact they commit less crimes than citizens do. They just want a chance at the American dream , their only crime was crossing an imaginary line in the desert.

Every American is a possible target for identity theft. What's worse is if your last name is Martinez or Ruìz then you are tenfold likely to have your identity stolen. They aren't stealing names like Schneider or Smith. They are stealing Americans names of Latin decent or random numbers.

They are hurting real immigrants from their home countries that took the time to do it right. Fuck people that have no respect for our laws or don't care about the consequences of stealing someone's identity. That can cost thousands of dollars and ruin lives. No one cares about those victims or any others of illegal immigration.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Stunned I tell you... I'm stunned. Say it isn't so!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is my shocked face :O

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
An over whelming percentage of fraud against Americans is committed by foreigners. I have no official stats but what we see is damn near 100 percent.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The plight of the children has been featured nonstop on the media.

Those same media outlets ALWAYS fail to mention that is was the kid’s parent that caused the whole situation, NOT law enforcement.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
And yet if you google “illegal immigrants stealing US citizens identities”, there are predictably few hits. Perplexing...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post