SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Professional Welders/Fabricators - Hourly Rate?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Professional Welders/Fabricators - Hourly Rate? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Trying to place a value on something I built. Obviously, I am NOT a pro and I can't even spell Hollydey In, so I'll base my estimate on probably half the going rate, maybe less.

Cutting, drilling and welding mild steel up to 3/4" thick. Stick or MIG, no TIG required. Tolerances +/- 1/32nd on hole centers, 1/16th on overall dimensions. Square and parallel as near to perfect as hand tools can get.

What would be the hourly rate for this sort of work in a professional shop in your area?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
sell it for what you think it is worth for your time

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
sell it for what you think it is worth for your time

Not selling it, just trying to do a little math and see if I saved any money building it myself.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I pay my local fabricator/welder $85 an hour in shop, $100 an hour in field.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I pay my local fabricator/welder $85 an hour in shop, $100 an hour in field.

Thanks. Precisely what I wanted to know.