SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Headlight lense/housing replacement source?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headlight lense/housing replacement source? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I need to replace the headlights on an '06 Nissan Xterra and for it I'd like to try aftermarket. Any recommended sellers or makers? I've found some on Amazon that look promising.

Ive polished a few times with Mothers Plastic Polish but it doesn't last and I need brighter lights before winter.

I've added a light bar, a 12" Tusk brand from Rocky Mountain ATV. Wired in to the high beam circuit to activate when the high beams turn on. Works awesome and highly recommended.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Replace the whole assembly. They are around $160 for the pair.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keystone is the top maker of aftermarket parts.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Recently replaced them on my wife's Escape. I found the best pricing on Fleabay.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Spyder is generally one of the best in the aftermarket game by far t does not appear the make an application for you.
I would grab a set off Amazon from a company with the best reviews.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Spyder is generally one of the best in the aftermarket game by far t does not appear the make an application for you.
I would grab a set off Amazon from a company with the best reviews.

Thanks. I saw your recommendation in another thread and saw as you did they don't make one for my year.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TYC is distributed by many other companies. Shop around for the best price on this brand and you'll have a good assembly. It's widely used on the crash parts side of the business as well as an aftermarket OE equivalent replacement for a do it yourself job.

http://www.tycusa.com/Headlight.html

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I need to replace the headlights on an '06 Nissan Xterra and for it I'd like to try aftermarket. Any recommended sellers or makers? I've found some on Amazon that look promising.

Ive polished a few times with Mothers Plastic Polish but it doesn't last and I need brighter lights before winter.

I've added a light bar, a 12" Tusk brand from Rocky Mountain ATV. Wired in to the high beam circuit to activate when the high beams turn on. Works awesome and highly recommended.

Mothers plastic polish isn't going to help old well worn headlights.
New headlights are around $165 on Amazon, but this 3M restore kit will make them look like new if you have a quality drill and you're able to follow instructions:
http://a.co/3O7m5Fx

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post