SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    War movies promote toxic masculinity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

War movies promote toxic masculinity Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
No, war movies show what sacrifices were made, willingly, so that you pathetic people can whine about how all manner of micro aggressions send you whimpering into your safe spaces.

http://joemiller.us/2018/01/no...s-toxic-masculinity/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
FUCK. THEM.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't want any heros interrupting their inevitable path to world domination!

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife doesn't understand war movies any more than I understand chick flicks.....wait, Joe is a dude..

hahahaha

Pussy Roll Eyes

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched "The Way Ahead" with David Niven again. I love the old classics.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
It is easy to sit on your ass and grip .
out of the millions that have and are serving really know what it is like.
Those that have are hero's in my book.
Most chose to do this out love for our country,Those pussy 's that complain can just go piss up a rope for all I care.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Oh-h, I suppose...

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In the wake of the whole #metoo nonsense, look for the feminazis to look to take over Hollywood, and castrate it. Expect a lot more romcoms.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
#metoo

Does that mean "pound me too?"

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
In the wake of the whole #metoo nonsense, look for the feminazis to look to take over Hollywood, and castrate it. Expect a lot more romcoms.

Much of what Hollyweird vomits forth these days is crap, anyway, so I'm not sure that'd be all that great a loss.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's from The Intercept.

Anything that comes off the desk of Glenn Greenwald needs to be not taken seriously or given any PR light. Whereas Mother Jones is your organic fair-trade feminazi news source, The Intercept is your far-left, belt-way liberal rag.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
My wife doesn't understand war movies any more than I understand chick flicks.....wait, Joe is a dude..

hahahaha

Pussy Roll Eyes

If the Joe you're referring to is the guy who runs that website, he didn't make the comments about toxic masculinity. He's reposting a story from the Daily Wire. The comments were from some journalist named Peter Maass.

Joe is not the cuck you're looking for Smile

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 645 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
So here are the examplar 'war movies' from our social critic. Nothing wrong with any of them except they aren't war movies. Well. if you expand your definitions maybe, just maybe "Three Kings", but...Clooney.

Best Years of Our Lives: All three have trouble adjusting to civilian life.

Paths of Glory : a 1957 American anti-war film by Stanley Kubrick

Three Kings is a 1999 American satirical black comedy war film The film stars George Clooney (et al) on a gold heist

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
#metoo

Does that mean "pound me too?"
God I hope not given some of the broads using that hashtag. Roll Eyes

See this for what it is. War movies are just one more thing liberals need to make go away in their blood lust to remove any sense of patriotism for, or love of, this country. Just ignore the nonsense and keep your eye on the ball.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Has somebody been watching Spartacus again?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Paths of Glory" is a war movie. WWI, 1916 French/German trenches. Taken from a book of the same subject: French General screws up an attack against German lines and demands three French soldiers be executed in return..

Also a movie that was banned in France.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
WTF? Who doesn't love this kinda stuff?
Males who are being told- from the time they can understand their native language- that they are BAD- that everything they feel and think is WRONG.

That's who.

Imagine being 16 years old today. Just try and imagine the GARBAGE they've shoved down your throat, that everything about you and all other males is just plain wrong and evil and you must change to what they tell you that you should be. They are confusing these kids so badly, it might fuck them up for life. That's no exaggeration.

Take a look at the Peterson video I posted.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better toxic masculinity than no masculinity at all.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Country gets in a war, it's gonna need all the "toxic masculinity" it can muster up. Man bun guy wearing mascara and lipstick gonna hit the enemy with its purse?

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post