SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer request please.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer request please. Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for Binxy-poo. Big Grin Seriously, I hope he recovers fully and completely and WITHOUT having to have sex reassignment surgery or whatever they would call that.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Aw man. Hope he feels better.

I'll never forget his Christmas portrait.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
From one animal lover to another .... prayers for your Furbaby.

Best wishes.

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
thank you everyone. The doc called last night and let me know Binx is doing as good as expected. We had a trip to the beach house planned for this weekend as it's our last free weekend before our wedding.. The sacrifices we make for our fur babies haha

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
And all is right in the Rossi household again. The panther is home, sequestered in a room for the night to make sure he's peeing, but he's home (and REALLY stoned!).

He's got a new girlfriend too (he took a liking to one of the nurses. She's the one that discharged him and was actually sad to see him go... in his defense, she was pretty)

I'm sure he's going to sleep like a log tonight finally having some peace and quiet. He's in his window, his dog beds on the floor and he's happy.

I will say though; the last time this happened and we had taken him to a different emergency vet, it was a NIGHTMARE the night he came home.. couldn't control his bladder, disoriented and scared, obsessively licking his penis... it's about as polar opposite as it could get. For anyone in my area, metropolitan vet hospital has been a godsend, saving our diabetic cat, And now binx, plus squeezing Chloe in when I found her to make sure she was healthy.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Brinks is happy that Binx is doing better.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Brinks is happy that Binx is doing better.

Yours?! Heidi is in love! And thank you, I'm so relieved. I've had a lot of speedbumps with animals in the past 18 months

├┼┼╕
246R

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
One more, because he's stoned and being extra affectionate Smile I'll take it while it lasts... then back to his ornery self... "pet me, pet me, pet me, RAPE"

├┼┼╕
246R

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:..

Yours?! Heidi is in love! And thank you, I'm so relieved. I've had a lot of speedbumps with animals in the past 18 months

OMG no. But I wish he was. He is so adorable.

I had a pretty strong bias against bully breeds, until my youngest daughter started rescuing them.

And after meeting a few in her "underground railroad" (our house, in the garage, as if I did not know what she was up to...) I became in love with them. Especially the Pits. They are such good dogs, and want to be loved and love. Yeah, bad things happen that can screw them up, but much like our military vets, we put them in bad situation and then cannot understand why they sometimes "go off the reservation". If a "thinking and rational human, who has the ability to comprehend the stimulus that has both changed them and causes them to be "triggered", still have difficulty coping and dealing with the world, how much more a confused animal that is at a deficit in that same environment?

If I were a "pitbull", I would have been a "bait dog". I have struggled my entire life to exist with the scars and memories of many years ago.

So, I learned a great deal about the past, and how to learn to overcome and live with all of that, through her bringing the dogs into my life.

I have always been fond of and sensitive to animals, and am pleased to see so may people enriched by their "friends", and also feel the loss when they cross the bridge, or struggle with illness.

I am glad people share such personal things as their pets, it is good for the soul, if you let it be.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:..

OMG no. But I wish he was. He is so adorable.

I had a pretty strong bias against bully breeds, until my youngest daughter started rescuing them.

And after meeting a few in her "underground railroad" (our house, in the garage, as if I did not know what she was up to...) I became in love with them. Especially the Pits. They are such good dogs, and want to be loved and love. Yeah, bad things happen that can screw them up, but much like our military vets, we put them in bad situation and then cannot understand why they sometimes "go off the reservation". If a "thinking and rational human, who has the ability to comprehend the stimulus that has both changed them and causes them to be "triggered", still have difficulty coping and dealing with the world, how much more a confused animal that is at a deficit in that same environment?

If I were a "pitbull", I would have been a "bait dog". I have struggled my entire life to exist with the scars and memories of many years ago.

So, I learned a great deal about the past, and how to learn to overcome and live with all of that, through her bringing the dogs into my life.

I have always been fond of and sensitive to animals, and am pleased to see so may people enriched by their "friends", and also feel the loss when they cross the bridge, or struggle with illness.

I am glad people share such personal things as their pets, it is good for the soul, if you let it be.

I sound like your daughter! When I was 14 I was walking down the train tracks to my parents house and saw a 50lb bag of dog food moving around. Inquiring minds and all... There was an absolutely torn up blue baby pitt that had Been used as a bait dog then discarded in a bag on train tracks. Of course I took her home, conned my parents (as big of suckers as I am for animals) into paying for the vet bills (she had a pink cast! On her broken leg, stitches, etc). Now that I think of it, metropolitan (where binx was) fixed the blue Pitt up and one of the receptionists ended up adopting her!

I have a soft spot for cats and Pitt bulls. I've fostered dozens and never got why people were so scared of them. They're the biggest babies of them all... even the ones that were used for fighting.. once they're shown love taught some obiedenxe they are the most loving, affectionate and thankful creature on earth.

├┼┼╕
246R

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

Whew...it took me a few seconds to realize that the image is sideways. It almost looked like Binx was a monkey hanging upside down Big Grin

Does the heart good to see the Binx back home where he belongs.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post