SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayer request please.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayer request please. Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I know this probably sounds trivial, having read a few threads recently of members sick, or their family sick or passing, but he's my family, and I've posted about him here before, so here I am again..

Some of you may remember binx. He's our oldest cat, he's black, he's ornery, he has enough personality to fill a barn. Three (or so) years ago he was sick; he had a urinaty blockage that totally "stopped him up". That can turn ugly quick, and I was lucky we caught it. The doctor said most cats when they get that sick go hide... he stood in front of me hunched over basically saying "take me to the doctor", He's been on a strict diet ever since.

A week and a half ago we noticed him going to the litter box a few times an hour and not producing anything. We took him to the vet and they said it didn't feel like a block, but gave me meds and directions to keep an eye on him. I get home from work around 730 this evening, and there he is, hunched over telling me he's "not ok".

Heidi was pulling in as I saw him, so off we went to the emergency vet ER. We got home not long ago, they said we were "lucky to have caught it again", and that he is totally blocked up. They're going to keep him for 3-4 days, catheter, flush his system, meds and monitor. They gave me the option last time at the other ER to do a surgery where they basically lop off the end of his penis and reshape his urethra to that of a female cat. I declined then, and the doctor basically said if it were his cat, and it happening only twice in three years that he wouldn't do it, so I declined again (much to binx' relief)

I'll know more tomorrow and will visit Thursday. You guys were so good to me with prayers last time (and a few insisted on helping with his vet bills, knowing that I had just closed my business). I'm in a much better place now financially, but could still really use the prayers.

(Will, if you read this. I have a box of things here for your kitteh I promised a year ago and totally dropped the ball on sending.. I'll get them out this week.. you especially have been a saving grace with well wishes, advice, and support.. I truly appreciate you and everyone here!)

And a pic or two of my buddy. It's funny how we take them (pets in general) for granted and just feed them and are out the door... this damn cat has gone through some of the darkest times in my life with me and as Heidi would say, is my "spirit animal" Razz

Yes, he has a dog bed. He sleeeps in it nightly after "tucking" Heidi in (kneading her back while she falls asleep)

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for binx. Hope it turns out he is ok and is returned to 100% healthy.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good wishes and tuna sent for binx.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the poor, sick kitty.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16346 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Get well Binx.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Binx!

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Will do.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Dave, please don't worry about the box of stuff...please. I have so many things to be blessed with. It really weighs heavy on the heart to hear of the Binx, I'll certainly dig in with prayer. A couple of times in the past few years the Fuzz was pretty ill, my wife and I doubled down on prayer for him and he recovered both times. He absolutely is a nightmare at the vets. They have to handle him with heavy duty gloves, I think when he was neutered as a kitten at the Humane Society they did something that really freaked him out, and since, he just doesn't tolerate being handled by the vet too well. I have a special place for animals in my heart and though prayer is powerful, don't hesitate to ask for help for the little guy. I'll be in touch Dave.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Praying for the boy, hopes for him to be better.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Check your email David. A little something for the Binx..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Prayers said!

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Best of luck for your little man. I couldn't imagine my life without my pets so I feel your pain. I hope Binx pulls through okay.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Done, hope your little buddy is well again very soon.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for the best possible outcome for your friend and "Spirit Animal" Binx...

We had the same thing happen to our old yellow tom, "Taffy", about 15 years ago...he went missing for a couple of days until our Aussie Shepherd (and his best friend I might add) found him hiding in the thick landscaping at our neighbor's house...

He spent about a week at the vet being treated with IVs and antibiotics...came home with a diet change and from that time onward lived a good lazy cat life until he passed in his sleep a few years later (he was over 15)...

Our vet said the same thing...when cats get that sick, they will often hide until the end or if found, it's often too late...

But trust me they can bounce back with proper vet care and treatment and live a long life...

Hang in there Binx!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! the vet called this morning and said he is stable and his kidney "numbers" are normal. They're going to call me around 8pm (his dr works nights until friday this week, I like that he will be seeing the same Dr all week.

quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Prayers up for the best possible outcome for your friend and "Spirit Animal" Binx...

We had the same thing happen to our old yellow tom, "Taffy", about 15 years ago...he went missing for a couple of days until our Aussie Shepherd (and his best friend I might add) found him hiding in the thick landscaping at our neighbor's house...

He spent about a week at the vet being treated with IVs and antibiotics...came home with a diet change and from that time onward lived a good lazy cat life until he passed in his sleep a few years later (he was over 15)...

Our vet said the same thing...when cats get that sick, they will often hide until the end or if found, it's often too late...

But trust me they can bounce back with proper vet care and treatment and live a long life...

Hang in there Binx!

this is the second time dealing with this with him, hopefully it turns out as good as the last time.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, wishing him a speedy recovery

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your cat! Animals are just as much family members as humans!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent. Hope he gets better soon.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about Binx. I'll definitely say a prayer for your beautiful parlor panther and I hope Binx makes a speedy recovery.

Ive got a soft spot for all black cats...they are the absolute best cats IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Pets make us better people.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post