SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    increasing violence on healthcare workers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

increasing violence on healthcare workers Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Once when I was hit by a patient they did call the police drag the patient out in cuffs ( after a wrestling match with officers) was never called to testify so not sure how far the charges went but suspect the assault on a police officer was plenty to lock her up for a while.
It's things like this that make me so glad that my wife resigned from her job in the psychiatric wing of a local hospital, after 9 1/2 years of me worrying about her every day that she was there!

Now she just focuses on her private practice, where there is still some risk, but at least all of her patients come to her on their own.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree there s idea of a certain crime being consider worse if perpetrated against a certain group is bs. Just like the hate crime concept - if you kill or maim someone regardless of the reason the penalty should not change due to other factors
I am always very hesitant to refuse people narcotics or whatever the demand might be for fear of retribution to me or my staff. We are an urgent care center in a small town with just a skeleton crew and of course there is a corporate policy against carrying at work.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post