SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cutting the cord...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cutting the cord... Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Remove the extra TVs or throw in an additional Netflix account? I doubt anyone is going to care that they can't watch live stream TV at all 5 TVs at once.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
As per enigmatic's link to the streaming component review. I've currently settled now after several months of trail and error. I'm currently still using my OTA/DVR to just record a local program if needed. The Tablo still works great and the auto commercial skip feature is the cats behind!

I dumped Netflix, now Amazon Prime, just cancelled PHILO I used just for some network shows but don't even watch them now, so I just have the OTA and Amazon Prime and all is well.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the DISH and would love to cancel. But I have a lot of shows (mainly documentaries) recorded on the box. Is there anyway I can record them on something like a thumbdrive and keep them for future viewing? They are really the only reason I keep cable.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Youtube tv has local channels, most cable channels and cloud dvr for $65/mo. Thinking about making the switch.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I just found out that Hulu has a local channel option and an option for unlimited access so I think that’s the one we will try first and then possibly add Netflix if needed.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We recently dropped Dish in favor of YouTube TV. We cut $60 from our monthly nut. We also upgraded our internet from 6 Mbps to 35 Mbps at and additional cost of $20. We gained $40 monthly and vastly improved our internet for streaming 4K. Netflix and Amazon Prime offers both plus we store our movies on Apple. YouTube TV offers unlimited DVR and all of our locals. No Brainer.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post