SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you rent a car you may want to avoid Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, National, Simplisafe, Delta, United, and Chubb Ins.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you rent a car you may want to avoid Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, National, Simplisafe, Delta, United, and Chubb Ins. Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the NRA is going to compile a list of the companies that we can send letters to announcing our boycott of their services. Just look for it on their website or in emails from them.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Don't travel without a car too much anymore, but the last time I did, we used Silvercar. It was slick. Coupons made it cheaper to rent an Audi A4 than a shitty minivan. Would do again.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Their FB page is a shit show right now. Lots of people sending them a message that they are no longer going to use their services. The slobbering tolerant left is present posting a bunch of bullshit, many of them convinced that Cain wouldn't have killed Abel if it weren't for the NRA.

Up till today, OpSpec used them exclusively when on the road teaching. No more.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I just emailed Enterprise that they have lost my business.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I think lots of companies and associations will.
What's crazy is that they are appeasing a very small minority, while going against majority and they feel like they are on the "people's" side.

Bets are very high that the screaming minority may just be nothing more than 10 cybercreeps who use bots to make themselves look like tens of thousands. Asshats did this to Rush back in the day but Limbaugh smoked them out and let his advertisers know with proof.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I will be sure to email them and thank them for making the public announcement and that I will no longer be using Enterprise.

(Looks like you can only contact your local franchise, that will have to do)

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Not really worth starting a new thread with, but Simplisafe jumped on the bandwagon too. Roll Eyes

After a huge wave of criticism for its partnership with the pro-gun organization, Boston-based home security company SimpliSafe says it’s severing ties with the NRA.

“We have discontinued our existing relationship with the NRA,” Cassie Kling, a SimpliSafe spokesperson, tells the progressive activist website ThinkProgress. The section of the SimpliSafe site that describes its partnership with the organization has been taken down.

Simplisafe, a firm co-founded by the current CFO of Boston Public Schools, Eleanor Laurans, had offered two months of free service to members of the National Rifle Association, who pay a $40 annual membership fee to support the pro-gun organization’s cause and to gain access to various deals on car rentals, insurance, hearing aids, and other products.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com...2/23/simplisafe-nra/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I've used Enterprise almost exclusively.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
I think lots of companies and associations will.
What's crazy is that they are appeasing a very small minority, while going against majority and they feel like they are on the "people's" side.

Bets are very high that the screaming minority may just be nothing more than 10 cybercreeps who use bots to make themselves look like tens of thousands. Asshats did this to Rush back in the day but Limbaugh smoked them out and let his advertisers know with proof.

That's likely exactly what happened, but instead of a reasonable response, the cowards running these companies immediately folded like a Broward County deputy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Let Simplisafe know how you feel. I also told them I would be contacting the EIB network and asking them to consider dropping their product advertising from Rush's show.

https://simplisafe.com/contact-us

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Chubb Insurance has joined the list. Significant because I believe they provide the NRA Carry Guard coverage.
Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Posts: 1960 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Unfortunately, I don't have much choice. National and Enterprise are the companies my employer uses.

Drive it like you stole it.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Not really worth starting a new thread with, but Simplisafe jumped on the bandwagon too. Roll Eyes

Same goes for Delta and United. Unfortunately one of those places is my employer. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:

Same goes for Delta and United. Unfortunately one of those places is my employer. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I sent Delta an email expressing my unhappy feelings on this matter.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
So, the US curling team sent Delta a lighthearted tweet....Delta's PR department must be in shambles - good grief, they are bad.

Delta responds:

If they didn't want to upgrade them, why even respond? Nothing forcing them to respond, but they are getting roasted online now. People are speculating that the curling team must be members of the NRA.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Florida soon. We talked about renting a car but I'll guarantee you I'll be driving one of my own.
Now on to the list of business's I supported today.
Glock
Taran Tactical
Bravo Concealment
SGAmmo
Talon Grips

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:

My employer has preferred agreements with both airlines. Frown

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
An interesting response to Delta -

“If Delta is so flush that they don’t need NRA members hard-earned travel dollars,” said Jeffares, “it can certainly do without the $40 million tax break they are asking Georgia taxpayers for.”

Read the entire article here -

https://politics.myajc.com/blo...KoRXb6MdZYWNAZGttRK/

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This social media activism is going full retard. Looks like it is up to 15 companies now ending relationships with the NRA. Note that Symantec owns Lifelock. Email sent to Hannity & EIB to quit pushing that product.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...tions-pull-away.html

1. @MetLife
2. @symantec
3. @BestWestern
4. @Wyndham
5. @Alamo
6. @NationalPro
7. @Enterprise
8. @FNBOmaha
9. @Hertz
10. @Budget
11. @Avis
12. @NortonOnline
13. @northAmericanVL
14. @SimpliSafe
15. @ChubbNA#BoycottNRA

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I just notified Simplysafe that when I move into my new house in 3 weeks, It will not be their system that gets installed as planned. Time to search for a new system.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post