SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seriously, what should I do?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seriously, what should I do? Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Sounds like she may simply need to have her medications regulated. That is from my own experience with my parents.

It didn't change my Mom's political leanings, but it did make her rational and overall it increased her happiness.

Another thing from my experience, listen to those here that are reminding you that once they are gone that's it. You'll never be able to fix anything left broken after that.

I count myself lucky in that regard, but the clock could have run out a lot sooner and that isn't something that is up to any of us.

The Meds definitely help, she won't stay on them.
It's always something, the doctors are out to get her , or it's the Republicans.
Obamacare passed, but everything wasn't magically free so she refuses to pay for them.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
If it was my mom: I'd call. Mind you: Though I loved my mom, sometimes I didn't particularly like her. But, still: Mom.

This.

My mom is a pussyhat wearing, marching on DC type of gal. Crazy as a loon, but in the end I'd be by her side for just about anything. She drives me nuts, but she is still - Mom.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Sounds like she may simply need to have her medications regulated. That is from my own experience with my parents.

It didn't change my Mom's political leanings, but it did make her rational and overall it increased her happiness.

Another thing from my experience, listen to those here that are reminding you that once they are gone that's it. You'll never be able to fix anything left broken after that.

I count myself lucky in that regard, but the clock could have run out a lot sooner and that isn't something that is up to any of us.

The Meds definitely help, she won't stay on them.
It's always something, the doctors are out to get her , or it's the Republicans.
Obamacare passed, but everything wasn't magically free so she refuses to pay for them.

If she is a danger to herself or others, then there is only one thing to do. As bad as this sounds.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post