SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seriously, what should I do?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seriously, what should I do? Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Haven’t spoken to my mother in over a year, long story, it’s not a healthy relationship.

In the last two days, I’ve received a series of increasingly weird emails.

My guess is one of my fucktard liberal brothers introduced her to the 4chan political forum, I should call him and cuss his ass out.

I’m really considering signing out a mental hygiene warrant.

Here’s one of the milder, more coherent messages.....

Put everything aside.
You ignored me yesterday. Do not ignore today.
Pol/4 chan
Calm before the storm....read thru quickly...there are over 2 hundred threads.
Trump is sending cryptic messages thru the site...
Proven with pics, time stamp on tweets.
He's preparing us for what's happening!!!
I don't think civil war is going to happen soon...but there's major shit going to take place soon!
May have something to do with nuclear plants in PA.
Call me anything you want to Craig...but please please read some of this stuff...now!
I can't find something he sent about being prepared...
But when he tweets "my fellow Americans"....
I'm going to keep reading..may start soon....some are guessing now to the 20th.
Trust me please!!
Please.
Don't sit there and think...she's crazy, wishing I'd just shut up..
Just read it.
If it's some kind of fucked up game...so be it.
I love you.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like spam email to me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm confused, in record time.

Posts: 107555 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Could be mainly copy and paste, but there’s some personal stuff sprinkled in there in most of them
Cryptic text messages also.

What a fucking mess.

My dad, they divorced 30 years ago, just got diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer.

This shit is not what I needed right now.

Sorry guys, just venting mainly.

I’m really considering doing something, but have gotten sucked into the vortex one too many times.

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It is some Bendable Level 1000 shit for sure

--Riff Raff--

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Ever see The Walking Dead? That's what radical Leftism does to a person. She's gone. My brother crossed a couple of years ago. He is irretrievable. Your mother sounds like my brother. He is gone. Best to keep distance and have small talk through the fence.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Ever see The Walking Dead? That's what radical Leftism does to a person. She's gone. My brother crossed a couple of years ago. He is irretrievable. Your mother sounds like my brother. He is gone. Best to keep distance and have small talk through the fence.

Oh, it gets better
She says she voted for Trump because I was more persuasive than my brother. Not sure I believe that though.
So, now all of this is my fault since Inmade her vote for him over Hillary.

What’s the weather like in Montana this time of year? I might be ready to move.

--Riff Raff--

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It’s your mom. No offense, she may be bat shit crazy..but whats a quick phone call going to hurt? Your already worked up unfortunately. I feel for you. Make sure she’s okay then return to your life if need be. Confused

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Damn man.

I guess if it were me I would just say nothing...it's all I got.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It is hard for us to say much.

Based on your comments in this thread. I would ignore. Block her email and what ever happens be at peace with it as much as you can. It is not your doing. As hard as it can be. The advice about life being to short to have others try to screw yours up for whatever reason is not a good program.

I wish you the best and the time with your father. I will say a prayer for him and you as well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It's 4chan.

That site has confused me faster and harder than Bendable on a bender.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31434 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
There other things to discuss besides politics. In fact I can completely ignore what's going on. I don't, but I can. I have a son who is very liberal. He lives 6 hours away and I cherish every moment we can get together. Our different approaches to life really doesn't affect our relationship at all.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
It's your Mom, call her.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If it was my mom: I'd call. Mind you: Though I loved my mom, sometimes I didn't particularly like her. But, still: Mom.

My brother, OTOH... Something went awry with that man a number of years ago and he went from being the most easy-going, likeable guy you could ever hope to know to pure, unadulterated jackhole. Once my mother left us (our father left us long ago): That was it. I cut ties.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Elkabong, I'm a cardiologist, not a psychiatrist, but I suggest that your mother shows signs of paranoid behavior, which is reflected in politics but goes beyond rational thinking. Mind you, I haven't looked at 4chan.
Is there any chance of having her at least see a doctor?

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Put away the axe, it's your mom, call her and talk to her. When she is gone you may regret it.

As far as politics and parents my mom was a born and raised Massachusetts frigg'n democrat - in later years when we talked she would try to convince me Barney Frank was a brilliant man and I would tell her Newt Gingrich wasn't the devil. As misguided as I thought she was, I miss the occasional banter with her - and other more "normal" conversations.

The political irony, when she needed care there was no facility in Mass for her that was worth a shit, it took us putting her in a facility in NH for the final year(s) of her life.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Oh, it gets better
She says she voted for Trump because I was more persuasive than my brother. Not sure I believe that though.
So, now all of this is my fault since Inmade her vote for him over Hillary.

What’s the weather like in Montana this time of year? I might be ready to move.

Politics has divided my family also. My lib brother was unhappy because even though my 88 year old mother picks and chooses carefully what she's willing to leave home for, she waited at the polling place for over an hour to vote for the Donald. She was so happy she went when he won.

My niece, the daughter of the above referenced brother, moved from Missouri to Loveland Colorado to escape conservatism. She is mostly a very nice and smart woman other than being a flaming lib. She has one of the most creative senses of humor of anyone I know. I've been close with her for her entire life. Our relationship ended when Trump won. I've had no contact since and she unfriended me on FB the day after the election.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think it looks like spam too, does your email handle have your name in it? did anyone else from her address book get something similar?

If the Chans have her, well...

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she may simply need to have her medications regulated. That is from my own experience with my parents.

It didn't change my Mom's political leanings, but it did make her rational and overall it increased her happiness.

Another thing from my experience, listen to those here that are reminding you that once they are gone that's it. You'll never be able to fix anything left broken after that.

I count myself lucky in that regard, but the clock could have run out a lot sooner and that isn't something that is up to any of us.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Montana weather is 36, cloudy and snow and ice on some streets. There are also some folks here who exhibit similar behavior as your mum. Rabid, don't have a clue progressive dip weeds. Helena has just elected a city council that is full blown progressive fools. Arrrggghhhh....

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post