SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Astronaut Scott Kelly attacked for quoting Winston Churchill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Astronaut Scott Kelly attacked for quoting Winston Churchill Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45789819

Holy hell, what is society becoming? I just recently completed listening to "The Last Lion" about Sir Winston's life from 1940 to 1965. I'm not ashamed to admit that I teared up at the end. I'm fairly certain that if I got to choose to spend a day with anyone from history Churchill would be near the top of the list of consideration.

It just makes me sad. We can't separate the man from the time he lived in. The revisionist want to demonize a man who near single handedly saved Western Europe. If only there were more Churchills in the world today.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Eerily reminiscent of Maoist China.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kelly quickly apologised for the offence caused, writing that he would educate himself on Churchill's "atrocities and racist views".

Asshole Big Grin

You deserve whatever you get for caving to that idiotic crap.

Posts: 107573 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This is what can happen when you read without understanding the words.

Churchill was undoubtedly the most fascinating man of our time. I’ve read all his books at least once, have several books featuring his quotes, and the 11 volume biography by his son and Martin Gilbert.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Good. He was using the quote to attack the right anyway as if somehow we acted inappropriately after Kavanaugh was confirmed by daring to actually swear him in.

Fuck him and his wife. I love when liberals get eaten by their own.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
WC warned the world about Islam back in 1898?? Or sometime around the turn of the Century. Is that what the racism is about?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be a gas, to time travel about 100 years forward and see how history treats assholes like Kelly?

The reason I use a quote from H L Mencken at the bottom of my posts, is that all the great Churchill quotes are already being used here! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Is that all?Smile
There have been people arrested in the UK for quoting Winnie in public.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why did we send him into space, with oxygen?

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Wouldn't it be a gas, to time travel about 100 years forward and see how history treats assholes like Kelly?..

He's a minor PITA when compared to his brother Mark the puppet master.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
What a female sexual organ this guy is.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Wouldn't it be a gas, to time travel about 100 years forward and see how history treats assholes like Kelly?..

He's a minor PITA when compared to his brother Mark the puppet master.

Yeah Mark is married to "10 Minutes until Whapner" Giffords, although I have no doubt Scott is likely a leftist as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
What a female sexual organ this guy is.

I believe the current vernacular is "front hole". And yes, he is such.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Kelly quickly apologised for the offence caused, writing that he would educate himself on Churchill's "atrocities and racist views".

Asshole Big Grin

You deserve whatever you get for caving to that idiotic crap.

absolutely

the left is unhinged at this point

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post