SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to dining with you all. But drive up quick. It snowed last night!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Three is too small a number. To paraphrase Mr. Bilbo Baggins, my stay here has been "far too short a time to be among such excellent and admirable hobbits SIGforum members."

I have shared meals/drinks with several members, including some named above, and hope to do more.

With some luck, maybe one day 0-0 (Nicky) will grace this continent with his presence, and if so, would like to add him to the list.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who was the fella from texas that was a treasure trove of knowledge re: all things about rifles?
Tx pete maybe?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
1. Any one of our members who is a first responder...FD or PD.
2. Any one of our members who is actively serving this country in military uniform (preferably non-aviation Smile)
3. Any one one of our members who is 90 or older (if we have any) just to hear what the world was like before 1960 (I was born in the 60's)

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
AirSoftGuy, SIGmonkey and Bendable. Now there's a gathering

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've actually had the privilege of meeting quite a few members over the years due to business travel. I have yet to meet a member who was not an exceptional individual.

If I can only pick three I would choose

1. Para - Obvious choice for so many reasons
2. SigMonkey - I'll guess we would never be allowed in whatever venue chose together again after that dinner.....
3. KevinCW - He damn well better wear pants

If the list was expanded the entire Atlanta area contingent would be a lot of fun. P-220, Bruce Gray, V-tail, RHINOWSO, Clubleaf, 911Boss, Oddball, Jeff Yarchin, Oat Action Man, Corsair... etc etc etc

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I've actually had the privilege of meeting quite a few members over the years due to business travel. I have yet to meet a member who was not an exceptional individual.

If I can only pick three I would choose

1. Para - Obvious choice for so many reasons
2. SigMonkey - I'll guess we would never be allowed in whatever venue chose together again after that dinner.....
3. KevinCW - He damn well better wear pants

If the list was expanded the entire Atlanta area contingent would be a lot of fun. P-220, Bruce Gray, V-tail, RHINOWSO, Clubleaf, 911Boss, Oddball, Jeff Yarchin, Oat Action Man, Corsair... etc etc etc
IIRC, 45Cal is in Atlanta, too. I've visited him there twice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Many good posts on groups.

I will throw out Sappersteel and Striker1. Both seemed like great guys and gone way too soon. I know there are other's.

The third is Mrmn50, because if I know anything. It is Hal is a great guy.

And I am going to add a fourth. Sigolicious. Since he I have have a passion for similar things it would seem.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I've had the pleasure of meeting FN in MT, MTcowboy and NikonUser at SHOT Show 2018.

weshowe is local to me and we meet regularly but he doesn't post here much.

I'd like to have dinner or range time with 12131, sigmonkey and sigfreund.

I actually use Sigmonkey's tag line a lot with my wife and with friends. When my wife is struggling with friends who don't listen to good advice, I tell her "You can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them." I sometimes swap out "understand" with "believe."

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Only 3 is tough. Lots of cool characters here. I would ask a bunch and hope that 3 would agree Wink Para because who doesn't want to pull back the curtain and meet the Wizard. JALLEN, although he left us, was always a wealth of info and always responded to my questions. Dave Truong because of his generosity and character. I have had plenty of transactions with him and he is the real deal. There are many and it seems unfair to not mention them but you asked for three. I think in JALLEN's spot I would ask Rolan, Black,the little ray of sunshine or jljones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have had lunch or dinner with so many here.

If you EVER have the chance, Sigmonkey is an awesome person. He's the top of the list. He's stayed with me passing through before.

Airsoftguy, Bendable and Mark123 would be the top of my list.

But I wanna meet you all.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Or the older guy from Dallas with the avatar that is a smiley throwing flames.
I believe that is a reference to me--flashguy--and I'd be pleased to have a meal with you (or just about anyone on this forum).

flashguy

Flashguy, that is correct. I couldn’t remember your screen name, but the avatar is unforgettable.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
AirSoftGuy, SIGmonkey and Bendable. Now there's a gathering

Just keep them from the equines or we may be in real trouble.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Couldn't keep it to three. I have met several members and enjoyed each encounter. Plus a few that I've spoken to on the phone and exchanged e-mails with.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
had dinner once with lbj before a shot show. good times.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
There are probably several hundred forum members that I would not mind buying dinner. But to play along:

Sigmonkey - The man has dispensed much wisdom in his posts and I think I owe him a dinner of his choosing.

Tac Foley - Honorably served over 30 years in the Royal Army defending freedom, only got a rotten deal from his own government. He certainly deserves a dinner for his troubles. Of course I would have to be somewhat wealthy in this hypothetical exercise to accomplish this feat because trans-oceanic travel isn’t small potatoes.

12131 - As already stated, his generosity, especially in gifting Sig Sauer’s is most impressive. He more than deserves a decent dinner of his choosing.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Alright, I'll play. Shugart, V-tail, and Sigmonkey. Them old guys crack me up. Big Grin

Ackks and TigerDore though I must mention that I would very much enjoy meeting in person.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Far too many have shared their knowledge and expertise over the years, helping me considerably. Those would be the top of my list to take to dinner.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Alright, I'll play. Shugart, V-tail, and Sigmonkey. Them old guys crack me up. Big Grin
What the fuck you mean, "old?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
1. Any one of our members who is a first responder...FD or PD.
2. Any one of our members who is actively serving this country in military uniform (preferably non-aviation Smile)
3. Any one one of our members who is 90 or older (if we have any) just to hear what the world was like before 1960 (I was born in the 60's)

See, and I was thinking three of the pilots. It would be an experiment: ask a technical aviation question and see if the three would argue about it enough to get kicked out. Wink

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post