SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Alright, I'll play. Shugart, V-tail, and Sigmonkey. Them old guys crack me up. Big Grin
What the fuck you mean, "old?"

Ha, see what I mean? Good times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He is still hoping someone will pick him to go to dinner.LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Unlike other forums I've been on over the years, I can't think of anyone here I wouldn't enjoy breaking bread with. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My three would be Para, 12131, David Truong for obvious reasons but I would like to add one more to my list and that would be Buckmaster (aka to me as housebuilder).

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I guess I consider myself fortunate enough to have had a dozen or so dinners with JALLEN and a few with his wife along for the discussions on airplanes, boats and other trivia, and a few with sjtill and with David Truong

a lot I'd like to meet - out of everyone on this board I have only two people in my ignore list so everyone is good

I've met 0-0 a few times when he was in NH and perhaps again some day - Nick is a great guy

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
had dinner once with lbj before a shot show. good times.
Me, too. He's been to Dallas several times and we usually had a dinner gathering of DFW folks. He likes Mariano's on Skillman. We've not had a gathering of DFW people in a long time, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I know the title says three and I have really thought about that. I cannot narrow it down to three.

Of course, Para, would be my first pick. Through my years here he has helped me out with info and the very few emails I have sent he has always responded. Plus, anytime I see he has a thread or been involved in a thread its usually worth my time to read what he writes. Not because he is the owner but because whether he knows or cares, I care what he has to say.

I also think Q and P220 would be great to have dinner with. There are so many more though: grumpybiker, sigfreud, arc, airsoft guy, jljones, etc.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Shugart, V-Tail, Para

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Para, Bionic (right down the road from me!), Fritz, Tac, Offgrid, SigFreund. Too hard to stop at 3.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Like always, nobody picks me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Unlike other forums I've been on over the years, I can't think of anyone here I wouldn't enjoy breaking bread with. Big Grin

I don’t belong to any other forums but I agree as far as SF. HuskySig, nhtagmember, sjtill and I got together once and it was great fun. Since then HuskySig and and I have had dinner a number of times, and nhtagmember and I have met up in NY as well as Maui. Always good times.

I’m pretty sure dinner with any SF members would be worth the price of the meal based on these experiences.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Like so many others, I miss Jim Allen. Would love to have a meal and a drink with some of you and honor his memory.

Para is such an obvious pick. The stories he must have are likely worth volumes of fine reading but they 'll be lacking the tone of his voice. A mistery to most of us, and a product of our creative imagination. Wonder how far we are from the real thing. How informal can he get? Big Grin

My instant pick goes with joel97, my closest distant friend. Tac, I have a profound admiration for the man and we could all talk military history and world geopolitics endlessly. I believe joel would enjoy his company.

My last slot is the most difficult to fill. Too many friends made over the years. Bald1, bendable, nhtagmember, smschultz, Rolan, to name just from the top of my head.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

A low profile has much to be desired these days.
Said by a fellow outlier. Wink

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

Would you bring the girl in your avatar?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, this is for high profile members. Big Grin

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I did forget to mention I had the privilege of meeting and interviewing Bruce Gray on behalf of SigForum at SHOT Show. That was a great experience.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I would enjoy a meal with any one, two, three or more of the SIGFORUM members. I have spent virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week since October 5th 2001 with my wife except for the one day and night I was in the hospital in 2010. I could use the opportunity to fraternize with someone NOT related to me!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He is still hoping someone will pick him to go to dinner.LOL

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Yeah, the ones that always win the karmas. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Yeah, the ones that always win the karmas. Smile

Jim
Hahaha! Big Grin

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post