SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Could Take Any Three SIGforum Members Out To Dinner, Who Would They Be, And Why? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
HA! Love Budlum's CUT. lol giggle snort guffaw!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Yooper, V-Tail, and the third would be hard, but either Black92LX, or Skins. I think Yooper and V-Tail would have some great stories. Or the older guy from Dallas with the avatar that is a smiley throwing flames.

Black and skins, because they seem to be very like minded.

If I could have a meal with Arc and Para at the same time, I think it would be petty awesome. They both seem jaded and sharp. (I mean that as a compliment). I think that would make for a fun meal.

Heck, honestly, I like so many people here it would be difficult to choose.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
AirSoftGuy, JHE888, and SIGmonkey.

Yeah, I would have chosen those three as well. But somehow I feel I would wake up the next morning naked, alone in the woods, smothered in peanut butter, and wondering why I was wearing a train conductors hat and ball gag, all with no memory of what happened the night before.

H&K-Guy

That was oddly specific. Eek

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Just off the top of my head: sjtill, justjoe, and f2. Many, many others qualify.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I would have chosen those three as well. But somehow I feel I would wake up the next morning naked, alone in the woods, smothered in peanut butter, and wondering why I was wearing a train conductors hat and ball gag, all with no memory of what happened the night before.

H&K-Guy

That was oddly specific. Eek

I know where you can get 36 gallons of peanut butter.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Jljones plus 2 of our other LEO members.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

H&K-Guy

Hookers and blow.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I had dinner with JAllen. It was a pleasure. Likewise, I have met others. Many at Rainman's shoot a few years ago. I have met some who don't come around much any more. Not a bad guy in the bunch.

I'd like to meet Agony. Shugart. The Monkey. Rogue. Chellim. ASG. Stickman. Mars. Screaming Cockatoo. VTail. Bruce Gray. 45cal. Brecaidra. I am sure I am leaving someone out.

And jhe888 would have liked to meet Old Frank.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
If we are talking "rub a lamp, get a genie, and you are "poof" at dinner with 3 members" I would choose 3 of our many membership folks that passed too soon, just to talk to them again.

I have been do dinner with, been shooting with, or at least met about a dozen members here, and always have been impressed with the quality of their character.

Good folks populate this board, that's why I have been a member here for over 15 years.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
rburg, black and kz1000.

Close by and I enjoy their posts.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Easy. Bob, Dick and Joe.

Jim

Aww, thanks.

For me, too many to narrow down to three.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.... If three only:
JJones.
Bruce Gray.
Para.
That said, I would enjoy breaking bread with any SF member.
And if this ever comes about, Para could eat free for a long, long time!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many to get the list down to only three. Not even gonna try.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Well, I’ll pick two repeats I’ve met.

Rainman.. stand up guy, was good good to meet him.
Cobra21... funny dude, always enjoy shooting with him and he always picks up the tab. Big Grin
I think I’d let the karminator pick the third guest.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Or the older guy from Dallas with the avatar that is a smiley throwing flames.
I believe that is a reference to me--flashguy--and I'd be pleased to have a meal with you (or just about anyone on this forum).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
While in the area in CA a year or so ago, I drove over to see Mr. Dave Truong, very pleasant guy. Recently, while down near Orlando, met up with V-Tail, and had a nice lunch. So two down, thousands to go.......Except I forgot dinner with Poacher in Texas more like 5 years ago..still thousands to go...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
While in the area in CA a year or so ago, I drove over to see Mr. Dave Truong, very pleasant guy. Recently, while down near Orlando, met up with V-Tail
Yeah, good lunch, good company. Bonus: CH44 really is still alive! And, we drove past the hangar with the bullet holes in the roof. Smile
In a preceding post, jhe888 mentioned a short list of SIGforum members. Interesting, I have met, and broken bread with, five of the folks on that list. They are all good people.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30664 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
46and2, Mark123, and Orgus.

There are plenty of others, but I think a good time would be had by all with that combo.
Or maybe we'd just sit there wondering why we had such high expectations. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've actually had dinner with Bruce, nhtagmember and GeeTen. It was a pleasure being close to the New Hampshire crowd when I lived there.

As for who I'd like to meet in the future, many have been mentioned, but initially I'd call on para, sigfreund and agony. Of course the bird brothers hold a world of knowledge that I'd enjoy too. Shugart would keep me laughing. jhe888 could bring the "goods". Hell of a time!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I don't think I can select just three. There are so many interesting characters with such a wide variety of experiences from which to share.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post