SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ARISE!! ALL GOOD AND NOBLE VIRGINIANS!! ARISE!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARISE!! ALL GOOD AND NOBLE VIRGINIANS!! ARISE!! Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted a 9 this am. Ladies at the polls said they had had a good crowd already. My district is heavily Republican so here's hoping.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I did my part at the elementary school at 2:30 PM. It was raining and only about 4 voters present while I was there.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
It was raining steadily but not heavily when I voted at 12:30 and was the only voter present.
My craptastic Delegate was running unopposed so I wrote in "Ham Sandwich".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Is there any word on turnout in Dem-leaning areas?
My precint in NoVA is crawlig with GDC's, turnout appears to be very light.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15480 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
One more vote for the slightly less bad good guys.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Got it done this morning. Fairfax Democrats were outside handing out blue sample ballots as usual. Can't stand them. After I rejected their garbage, they were mumbling about how I wasn't voting for them anyway. Damn sharp observation, assholes.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wife and I voted @ 1630. I think our polling place had a good turn out.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/electi...on-gillespie-northam

Live election results, nothing reported yet as of 6PM.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
polls close at 7pm

I really hope we win this.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I would like to go ahead and congratulate Gillespie for his win tonight. That race baiting asshole Northam going to lose tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got to the local school at 6:03 this morning, 6:09 I was back in the car. About 30 people ahead of me, and using new equipment the line went quickly.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
It was raining steadily but not heavily when I voted at 12:30 and was the only voter present.
My craptastic Delegate was running unopposed so I wrote in "Ham Sandwich".

Mine also, I wrote in George Washington.

Posts: 3220 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Thank you Skins for the election results link. Will be watching that. Stickman---I hope you are right!

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knocked it out on the way to work, wife voted coming off night shift at hospital.

Fingers crossed.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I commend the NYT on their excellent vote tracking UX. It really is nice,

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted but not feeling confident.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
NYT link above shows the very first results coming in. Not that it means anything, but Gillespie has a 17 point lead with a couple the Red counties starting to report.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Virginia, I pray you restore my faith in your State. You don't deserve to be burdened with a democrat governor. No state deserves that to be frank.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
what are the normally blue heavy counties? I see some dense ones only coming in lt. blue.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post