SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ARISE!! ALL GOOD AND NOBLE VIRGINIANS!! ARISE!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARISE!! ALL GOOD AND NOBLE VIRGINIANS!! ARISE!! Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
And get thee to the polls to exercise thy franchise!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31377 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife an I will be there once she gets off work

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The rest of us are counting on you for momentum. Go, go, go, go, go!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Sic Semper Tyrannus!

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just returned from the school. This is the first time that I've had to "fill-in" the box next to the names on a paper ballot. I vote in Manassas City and we've always had the touch screen machines.

Oh, we also had to present a drivers license to verify our address. I tried to feel violated, but I couldn't pull it off.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just returned & texted the GF to remind her.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Voted. It is always fun going to our local ELEMENTARY! school and seeing the mascot is a kid with a rifle! His dress is 1700's and he has a musket. Go Montvale Patriots!

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I really need to keep my reading glasses nearby at all times.

At first I thought the title said "Arise!! All Good and Noble Virgins!! Arise!!" Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I was volunteering outside my polling location from 0540- 1200. Steady stream of voters and it was raining for half that time. Good turn out for my location.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
6:05am. Done.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Arisen and erect. Fully exercised and with no small amount of disdain for the libtards working the poll.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I went through about 7:30 and was number 200 in our little neck of the woods.
Solid turnout so far...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I voted about 11am and I was 161 of over 500 in my precinct.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Is there any word on turnout in Dem-leaning areas?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted about 10:20 this morning at our local elementary school. Seemed to be a steady flow of voters. MVGA!

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
BTDT

Took all of 2 minutes! No apparent massive, or even large, turn out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Done. Mrs Cliff & I at our local elementary school as well. Very light.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
Done! Voter turnout in rural Albemarle County (not liberal) was more than usual, so hopefully a good sign.

Posts: 689 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I usually vote on election day. This year, I voted early.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
I voted about 2:30. The voting had been light up to that time.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post