SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    reminder ... please take your personal security seriously ... especially if you live in a secluded area UPDATE: arrests made 3/14
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reminder ... please take your personal security seriously ... especially if you live in a secluded area UPDATE: arrests made 3/14 Login/Join 
posted
this happened here recently in NC.

Very sad incident involving an older couple.

Always remain vigilant.

http://wncn.com/2018/03/09/1-d...-fire-officials-say/

arrests made today:

http://www.wral.com/two-arrest...fatal-fire/17416789/

---------------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig209,

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hope the two suspects are caught and dealt with swiftly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I carry at home,you never know how fast things can change.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Why do I carry a gun in my house? Studies show that 100% of home invasions occur in the home.

Be prepared, it’s not just for Boy Scouts...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Doors are always locked, and I am armed at all times. When I'm not home, the wife has access to a weapon, and a plan to barricade in a room with a lockable door and phone. I'm in the process of deciding which remote camera system that alerts cell phones to people entering the area.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Some folks call me paranoid because I carry inside my home.
I call it prepared.

Made this meme & post it on FB & forums any time these situations & subject comes up.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I'm in the process of deciding which remote camera system that alerts cell phones to people entering the area.

At the risk of thread drift: I'd like to know what you decide.

Back on track: attacking a pastor? Isn't that sort of like an express ticket to Hell?

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
I'm in the process of deciding which remote camera system that alerts cell phones to people entering the area.

At the risk of thread drift: I'd like to know what you decide.

Back on track: attacking a pastor? Isn't that sort of like an express ticket to Hell?

There are several options, but wireless with some type of ability to record is my goal.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
5 yrs ago we went with this set up added to our security system.
30days video recall for 4cameras.
15 days recall with 8 cameras.
I bought a second complete setup last year to double our ability.
Adds peace of mind while at home & while away in the motorhome.
We hear a bump in the night, pick up the phone & check all 8 views.
Inside & outside the house.

Lowes has the newer versions in stock.

My front door view from my iPhone

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats a slick set-up

is it an app you install associated with the cameras?

can it be installed on multiple phones?

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Installed on every phone we own .
Just needed a modem that has two ports.
Ours from Spectrum only had one so we had to buy one.
Folks here helped me with that.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Notice the only description is of the gray car ----- wonder if the perps are gray-ish too?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig209; Please keep us updated when they catch the murderers.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many of us here would like to be the guy that apprehends the scum that did this. I know I would.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doors are always locked, and I am armed at all times. When I'm not home, the wife has access to a weapon, and a plan to barricade in a room with a lockable door and phone. I'm in the process of deciding which remote camera system that alerts cell phones to people entering the area.

That’s all solid planning. I too carry at home.

But the article says that they walked in on the burglary which it seems a lot of posters missed. All this talk about being armed while at home doesn’t really apply in this case. Though again it is a great idea.

So, focusing on this case and prevention, when I come home I always go inside first and never with anything in my hands like groceries. I don’t walk the whole house or anything but if my dog greets me at the door then I know it’s pretty likely that everything is okay. If he doesn’t then I’ll know something is wrong. After I make sure there is nobody inside then my family follows and we will get any groceries or shopping bags.

I’ve got an alarm too but nothing beats a good dog. The alarm is more to alert the authorities. My dog is a good dog but he keeps dialing the wrong number when trying to call the police.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This is why I carry at home,you never know how fast things can change.

Amen to that!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I don't carry at home because I have a 3 year old and don't want to take a chance on something happening by accident. I do have a few guns stashed around the house in safe locations, always keep the doors locked, and have two dogs. In the case of a home invasion already occurring while I'm out, they would have to deal with two dogs and I have a security camera covering the main room in the house with motion alerts. I do carry in and out of the house though.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I don't carry at home because I have a 3 year old and don't want to take a chance on something happening by accident. I do have a few guns stashed around the house in safe locations, always keep the doors locked, and have two dogs. In the case of a home invasion already occurring while I'm out, they would have to deal with two dogs and I have a security camera covering the main room in the house with motion alerts. I do carry in and out of the house though.

This is basically my set up. My x2 Rotties patrol the interior. But I always have a pistol within a few steps. They've made a few delivery drivers get back in their cars before. Big Grin

You should see them... They ring the door bell: DING DONG!! 200# worth the Rottweiler hit the front door at Mach 2. The look on the persons face is: "NOPE.. NOPE...NOPE...!"

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Several large canines, security system and cameras help dissuade having to walk in on a burglary.

Hope these scumbags are dealt with.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

This is basically my set up. My x2 Rotties patrol the interior. But I always have a pistol within a few steps. They've made a few delivery drivers get back in their cars before. Big Grin

You should see them... They ring the door bell: DING DONG!! 200# worth the Rottweiler hit the front door at Mach 2. The look on the persons face is: "NOPE.. NOPE...NOPE...!"

My house sits up about 3 feet off grade. The door normally used for entry is at grade into the mudroom, and then there are steps up to a landing at the kitchen door.

I had to put a grille guard over the glass in the entry door because my Rottie LOVED to sit up on the kitchen landing looking out through the entry door. If anybody was foolish enough to ring the doorbell, Beeb would launch himself off that landing and hit that door like a Tasmanian Devil on Angel Dust, snapping, snarling and slobbering.

If they had sense enough to wait a few seconds, he'd sit and wait for them to open the door so he could sniff their zipper and lick their hand. Of course, salesmen and Jehovah's Witnesses didn't know that...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post